Noun(1) a hostile meeting of opposing military forces in the course of a war(2) an energetic attempt to achieve something(3) an open clash between two opposing groups (or individuals
Verb(1) battle or contend against in or as if in a battle
(1) He enjoyed wars and was the first prime minister since the duke of Wellington to have fought in battle .(2) Mr Rhodes said the conclusion of the deal yesterday brought to an end a long and difficult battle to keep the club going.(3) The pair did try and pursue the matter through the courts but could not afford a lengthy legal battle .(4) Sovereignty was a figure for all those brave soldiers who fought and died in battle .(5) the battle lasted for several hours(6) the battle against ageing(7) Two years later, he is still engaged in a legal battle to fight deportation and be allowed to stay here with his wife.(8) life's a continual battle(9) Hymns and prayers were said in memory of those who died in battle and those who fought and survived.(10) In battle , I came to pity enemy prisoners because I had a cause to fight for and they did not.(11) the battle against aging(12) a legal battle over who owns the house(13) the battle for second place(14) This determination to achieve something extra began with a lengthy battle to regain the use of her partial limb.(15) he had a long battle with illness(16) the battle over the future shape of Europe
(1) uphill battle :: difisil batay
(2) battle cry :: batay rèl
(3) battle royal :: batay wa
(4) battle gear :: Kovèti pou batay
(5) battle on :: batay sou
(6) battle of wits :: batay nan san
(7) battle against :: batay kont
(8) final battle :: final batay
(9) battle cruiser :: batay kwazyè
1. fight ::
2. conflict ::
3. struggle ::
4. fight ::
5. force ::
6. combat ::
battle, battled, battlement, battles, battleship, battleships, battling
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Come on. Wolowitz won't come out of his
house and we need him for a robot BATTLE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 12
thinking they’re winning the BATTLE...
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 5
He could have lingered on the edge
of the BATTLE with the smart boys,
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 3
At the Trident, he didn't appear
until the BATTLE was done.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 8
but then I survived
the Battle of the Bastards.
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 2
English to Haitian Dictionary: battle
Meaning and definitions of battle, translation in Haitian language for battle with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of battle in Haitian and in English
Tags for the entry "battle"
What battle means in Haitian, battle meaning
in Haitian, battle definition, examples and pronunciation
of battle in Haitian language.