Noun(1) (Roman Catholic Church(2) the number of elements in a mathematical set; denotes a quantity but not the order(3) a variable color averaging a vivid red(4) crested thick-billed North American finch having bright red plumage in the male
Adjective(1) serving as an essential component(2) being or denoting a numerical quantity but not order
(1) He said camping was cardinal for athletes' preparations and that it would be an advantage if the budget was approved soon so that adequate preparations were effected.(2) From all of our experiences, three cardinal rules for young people seeking to work in the developing world seem to have emerged.(3) With different types of abuse affecting women and children, finding effective ways to protect them is cardinal to fighting violence against women and children.(4) The need for a viable transport sector in any economy is cardinal .(5) Respect for the dead that used to be of cardinal importance in society is rarely noticeable during funeral ceremonies these days.(6) Now I live by certain cardinal rules one of which is other people will get you in trouble so don't listen to them.(7) The value that will move Joe Customer to reach for his wallet lies in two cardinal rules: check the relevance, and work to keep Joe Customer's interest.(8) Second, utilities, being cardinal , already incorporate attitudes to risk.(9) Continuing in Latin, the cardinal said the new pope had taken the name Benedict XVI.(10) As we had learned from those first brave chickadees, the cardinal , the robin family, and now the sparrow, communion with another life can change your perspective on the world.(11) A Roman Catholic cardinal prominent in the Counter-Reformation, he was a celebrated spiritual director, and a theologian deeply concerned with the Incarnation.(12) One of the cardinal principles John Hume held was that northern nationalists should not take sides in southern politics.(13) For example, the possibility of a North American cardinal being elected pope is just almost nil.(14) In the weeks before the trip to Rome, I had tried but failed to arrange a meeting with the cardinal who headed the Pontifical Commission for Justice and Peace.(15) Birds that overwinter in the northeastern U.S., like the red cardinal , are also the first to herald the onset of spring.(16) This I regard as being a point of cardinal importance in the present case.
(1) cardinal number :: Cardinal number
(2) cardinal points :: pwen kadinal
(3) cardinal point :: kadinal pwen
(4) cardinal sin :: kadinal peche
(5) cardinal numbers :: kadinal nimewo
1. fundamental ::
2. key ::
3. cardinal number ::
4. redbird ::
5. carmine ::
cardinal, cardinally, cardinals
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Playing on the use of CARDINAL numbers
as euphemisms for bodily functions.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 22
English to Haitian Dictionary: cardinal
Meaning and definitions of cardinal, translation in Haitian language for cardinal with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of cardinal in Haitian and in English language.
Tags for the entry "cardinal"
What cardinal means in Haitian, cardinal meaning in Haitian, cardinal definition, examples and pronunciation of cardinal in Haitian language.