Noun(1) a weightlift in which the barbell is lifted to shoulder height and then jerked overhead
Verb(1) make clean by removing dirt, filth, or unwanted substances from(2) remove unwanted substances from, such as feathers or pits(3) clean and tidy up the house(4) clean one's body or parts thereof, as by washing(5) be cleanable(6) deprive wholly of money in a gambling game, robbery, etc.(7) remove all contents or possession from, or empty completely(8) remove while making clean(9) remove unwanted substances from(10) remove shells or husks from
Adjective(1) free from dirt or impurities; or having clean habits(2) free of restrictions or qualifications(3) (of sound or color(4) free from impurities(5) (of a record(6) ritually clean or pure(7) not spreading pollution or contamination; especially radioactive contamination(8) (of behavior or especially language(9) free from sepsis or infection, or uninfected(10) morally pure(11) (of a manuscript(12) (of a surface(13) exhibiting or calling for sportsmanship or fair play(14) without difficulties or problems(15) thorough and without qualification(16) not carrying concealed weapons
Adverb(1) completely; used as intensifiers, or plum(2) in conformity with the rules or laws and without fraud or cheating
(1) Only those with clean records must be sponsored by the recruiting agencies.(2) My dad used to do drugs, but he has been clean for four years.(3) They sat on the edge of the low shelf which served as a bench, scrubbed and washed and dressed in clean tunics.(4) Use vodka, gin, or any pure alcohol to erase lipstick stains from your collar, or to clean paint or ink stains from your carpet.(5) Occasionally we'd give them to a neighbor, but my mother wouldn't clean fish so it was almost always a waste.(6) Buyers should ensure that the registration and tax papers are in order and the status of ownership is clean .(7) Shoving books onto the floor, I finally found a clean piece of paper and a sharpened pencil.(8) Let us wish for a beautiful and clean earth without pollution in the future.(9) I had taken someone for quite a lot of money and these are things I've got to deal with today because I'm clean .(10) The tamilok, its fans swear, has a fresh clean taste that sends shivers of pleasure down one's alimentary canal.(11) In short, show her how to mow the lawn, wash the car and clean the pool, and let her practise these chores until she does it as well as you.(12) He packs plants in cardboard boxes lined with clean paper and occasionally uses icepacks.(13) By these means, the virtuous mother could mold an unspoiled, respectful, neat, and clean child.(14) It's good clean fun for the kids and well worth a rental.(15) We mostly adopted trade sales to maximize revenues, and they were generally clean , despite occasional slip ups.(16) Fill your sink with suds, mop away then rinse with a clean towel.
(1) come clean :: vini pwòp
(2) clean the house :: netwaye kay la
(3) clean out :: netwaye soti
(4) clean sheet :: pwòp fèy
(5) clean the floor :: netwaye planche a
(6) clean water :: dlo pwòp
(7) clean the windows :: netwaye fenèt yo
2. blank ::
3. pure ::
pi bon kalite
4. virtuous ::
5. innocent ::
6. fair ::
7. sober ::
Kenbe tèt nou anplas
8. neat ::
9. complete ::
10. simple ::
11. fresh ::
12. clear ::
13. clean-living ::
pwòp-k ap viv
14. unobjectionable ::
15. sporty ::
16. uninfected ::
18. plumb ::
19. fair ::
20. clean and jerk ::
pwòp ak embesil
21. wash ::
22. launder ::
23. gut ::
24. houseclean ::
25. scavenge ::
26. make clean ::
27. pick ::
28. strip ::
29. cleanse ::
1. dirty ::
2. foul ::
3. grubby ::
4. spotted ::
5. unclean ::
clean, cleanable, cleaned, cleaner, cleaners, cleanest, cleaning, cleanings, cleanness, cleans
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...is to break
into your neighbor's apartment and CLEAN.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 2
HOWARD: You said clean up. I\'m cleaning up, heh.
: You said clean up. I\'m cleaning up, heh.
HOWARD: You said CLEAN up. I'm CLEANing up, heh.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 19
l need help to CLEAN.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 6
A successful quest. Now let's find
a gas station with a CLEAN bathroom.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 14
I’ll CLEAN the wound now, okay?
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 5
English to Haitian Dictionary: clean
Meaning and definitions of clean, translation in Haitian language for clean with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of clean in Haitian and in English language.
Tags for the entry "clean"
What clean means in Haitian, clean meaning in Haitian, clean definition, examples and pronunciation of clean in Haitian language.