Noun(1) an officer in command of a military unit(2) someone in an official position of authority who can command or control others(3) a commissioned naval officer who ranks above a lieutenant commander and below a captain(4) an officer in the airforce
(1) This was not a ponderous process but the kind of decision making that one might expect of a commander in chief.(2) The police commander said the terrorists deliberately set out to kill and to injure as many people as possible.(3) His assessment of the violence was backed by the district police commander for North Belfast.(4) In attendance from the police were a number of senior officers led by the local area commander .(5) The police commander told the students that drug use and criminal activities pose a constant threat to young people today.(6) On that basis, the police commander decides to storm the house.(7) Britain provided the deputy commander and some naval forces and other countries contributed a few ships.(8) the commander of a paratroop regiment(9) He strode with the swagger of a military commander , surveying his troops, evaluating his options.(10) Admiral William Halsey was a senior American naval commander in the Pacific region during World War Two.(11) This contrasted sharply with the situation of the opposing commander , Admiral Villeneuve.(12) The sergeant has taken over the role of section commander at Tidworth police station.(13) Prince Rupert had two military careers, as an army officer until 1646 and as a naval commander thereafter.(14) He was made a chevalier of the Legion of Honour by his second country in 1896 and a commander of the order in 1933.(15) Admiral Nelson had several qualities that ensured his success as a naval commander .(16) We asked the commander of U.S. naval forces in the region about his efforts to keep the peace.
(1) commander-in-chief :: kòmandan-an-chèf
(2) military commander :: kòmandan militè
(3) supreme commander :: kòmandan sipwèm
(4) regimental commander :: rejiman kòmandan
(5) wing commander :: kòmandan zèl
(6) company commander :: kòmandan konpayi
(7) battalion commander :: kòmandan batayon
(8) lieutenant commander :: lyetnan kòmandan
1. leader ::
2. air force officer ::
lè ofisye fòs
3. commandant ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
He's a respected COMMANDER.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 7
Go! Go! Follow your COMMANDER!
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 9
Half the men hate you already,
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 5
Uncle Kevan, in light of your position
as COMMANDER of the Lannister armies,
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 2
of the Night's Watch.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 4
English to Haitian Dictionary: commander
Meaning and definitions of commander, translation in Haitian language for commander with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of commander in Haitian and in English language.
Tags for the entry "commander"
What commander means in Haitian, commander meaning in Haitian, commander definition, examples and pronunciation of commander in Haitian language.