Noun(1) the attire worn in a play or at a fancy dress ball(2) unusual or period attire not characteristic of or appropriate to the time and place(3) the prevalent fashion of dress (including accessories and hair style as well as garments(4) the attire characteristic of a country or a time or a social class
Verb(1) dress in a costume(2) furnish with costumes; as for a film or play
(1) Several actors in costume assume the roles of different characters.(2) You can show them a picture of a costume or outfit in a magazine and within the day they'll recreate it for you.(3) a chic black costume and white fur wrap(4) dancers in national costume(5) children in national costume singing folk music(6) It also employs iconographic patterns of costume , architecture and landscapes to create a rendition of its political dialectic.(7) I can't possibly describe the elaborate nature of every woman's costume or outfit.(8) a nun's costume(9) The third type of attire is the national costume .(10) Items she was selling included antique furniture, books, jewellery, boxed puppets, period costumes , exotic plants and electrical goods.(11) This goes double if I've costumed Lady Macbeth with a black leather miniskirt.(12) One of the great values of an art such as this is the light it sheds upon the average taste of the period, such as costumes and architectural details.(13) His lovely period costumes , mainly in shades of beige, gave the production the look of an old sepia photograph.(14) While high-rise buildings reflect the updated Modernism common to contemporary architects, house designs are stuck in historical costumes .(15) The characters look modern, with their hairdos and glasses, but are costumed in fairy-tale outfits.(16) Apparent attention to historical detail in costumes and props can never overcome an inadequate script, lax direction, and indifferent acting.
(1) swimming costume :: kostim naje
(2) costume party :: kostim pati
(3) costume designer :: kostim designer
(4) bathing costume :: benyen kostim
(5) costume jewelry :: bijou kostim
(6) costume drama :: kostim dram
(7) national costume :: kostim nasyonal
(8) costume play :: kostim jwe
(9) costume ball :: kostim boul
(10) ancient costume :: ansyen kostim
1. outfit ::
4. ensemble ::
5. dress ::
6. clothing ::
7. attire ::
8. garb ::
9. uniform ::
10. livery ::
11. getup ::
12. gear ::
13. togs ::
15. apparel ::
16. habit ::
18. raiment ::
19. dress up ::
costume, costumed, costumes, costuming
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Hey, why aren't you
in your COSTUME?
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 6
Oh, it's Leonard.
He wants to go COSTUME shopping later.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 5
So, what time
does the COSTUME parade start?
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 6
He didn't remember me, because the last
time we met I was in a Halloween COSTUME.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 14
PRIYA: I can\'t believe I\'m wearing
my brother\'s Halloween costume.
: I can\'t believe I\'m wearing
my brother\'s Halloween costume.
PRIYA: I can't believe I'm wearing
my brother's Halloween COSTUME.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 24
English to Haitian Dictionary: costume
Meaning and definitions of costume, translation in Haitian language for costume with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of costume in Haitian and in English
Tags for the entry "costume"
What costume means in Haitian, costume meaning
in Haitian, costume definition, examples and pronunciation
of costume in Haitian language.