Noun(1) an assembly (including one or more judges(2) a room in which a lawcourt sits(3) the sovereign and his advisers who are the governing power of a state(4) a specially marked horizontal area within which a game is played(5) Australian woman tennis player who won many major championships (born in 1947(6) the family and retinue of a sovereign or prince(7) a hotel for motorists; provides direct access from rooms to parking area(8) a tribunal that is presided over by a magistrate or by one or more judges who administer justice according to the laws(9) the residence of a sovereign or nobleman(10) an area wholly or partly surrounded by walls or buildings(11) respectful deference
Verb(1) make amorous advances towards(2) seek someone's favor(3) engage in social activities leading to marriage
(1) she will take the matter to court(2) Fed-up court officials refused to accept prisoners after they were brought to the court building late.(3) the royal court(4) she's a great court(5) Maurice's grandson William was educated at the royal court along with King Henry VIII.(6) Many final decisions are made by court rulings, which further delays the process.(7) All these tombs had been laid out to a single design, a unified architectural conception of the king surrounded by his court , in death as in life.(8) Winter passed swiftly in the court of Charlemagne, for there was never any lack of amusements.(9) everyone in the court knew he was going down, innocent or guilty(10) Scores of journalists, mainly Spanish and British, converged on the court building.(11) The original sauna and jacuzzi in a turret have remained, alongside a swimming pool and clay tennis court .(12) A year later, just 25, he was sent to the Tsarist court as British Vice-Consul to Moscow.(13) a court case(14) the emperor is shown with his court(15) he lived for four years at the court of King Philip(16) Mental health professionals are often called as expert witnesses in court proceedings with children.
(1) tennis court :: tribinal tenis
(2) basketball court :: tribinal baskètbòl
(3) food court :: tribinal manje
(4) the court :: tribinal la
(5) in court :: nan tribinal
(6) to court :: nan tribinal
(7) court order :: lòd tribinal
(8) court of law :: tribinal nan lalwa
(9) court case :: ka nan tribinal
(10) law court :: lalwa tribinal
1. court of law ::
tribinal nan lalwa
2. royal household ::
wa nan kay la
3. royal residence ::
4. court of justice ::
tribinal nan jistis
5. homage ::
6. courtyard ::
7. tribunal ::
8. royal court ::
9. courtroom ::
10. tourist court ::
11. curry favor with ::
Curry favè nan
12. seek ::
13. risk ::
14. go out with ::
ale deyò ak
15. woo ::
court, courted, courting, courts
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Oh, yes. He recently argued
a case before the Supreme Court.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 23
I lived with him at
COURT since he was a boy, don't forget.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 2
When I was a child,
Oberyn came to take me to COURT.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 4
On Thursday, I will have my day in COURT,
and justice will be done.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 16
I also know how you
favor the poets at your COURT,
Vikings Season 1, Episode 8
English to Haitian Dictionary: court
Meaning and definitions of court, translation in Haitian language for court with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of court in Haitian and in English language.
Tags for the entry "court"
What court means in Haitian, court meaning in Haitian, court definition, examples and pronunciation of court in Haitian language.