Noun(1) the quality of being unlike or dissimilar(2) a variation that deviates from the standard or norm(3) a disagreement or argument about something important(4) a significant change(5) the number that remains after subtraction; the number that when added to the subtrahend gives the minuend
(1) I had never driven a 4X4 before but you don't notice any difference from a normal car except for the height.(2) Disgust for both Jews and women become for such men a way of asserting their own difference from mere mortal beings.(3) Tactics books are readily available, and in many instances there isn't a lot of difference from one to the next.(4) the gross margin is the difference between the total cost of the goods and the final selling price(5) he wouldn't know the difference(6) If the antecedent is more true than the consequent, then the conditional is less than the maximal truth by the difference between their values.(7) The Department of Labour examined data from 2001 when the pay difference was 40 percent.(8) The difference between the expected value and the certainty equivalent is the risk premium for the gamble.(9) But for the boy, a transformation has to be achieved to an awareness of an identity based on difference from the mother.(10) We retreat into our irony cages when we feel threatened by our difference from other people.(11) The question then becomes: how can we free difference from these normative connotations?(12) their difference from one another(13) there was a difference in their approach(14) The music is an odd blend of soft feminine jazzy folk-rock, with little difference from song to song.(15) It is claimed that there remains a substantial difference between that sum and the full amount of the loss.(16) But there was one crucial difference from all the other appeals I'd received.
(1) make a difference :: fè yon diferans
(2) time difference :: tan diferans
(3) it makes no difference :: li pa fè okenn diferans
(4) big difference :: gwo diferans
(5) spot the difference :: tach diferans lan
(6) potential difference :: potansyèl diferans
(7) there is a difference :: gen yon diferans
(8) make difference :: fè yon diferans
(9) age difference :: laj diferans
(10) tell the difference :: di diferans ki
2. disagreement ::
3. balance ::
4. departure ::
5. remainder ::
6. difference of opinion ::
diferans nan opinyon
1. analogy ::
2. community ::
3. likeness ::
4. resemblance ::
difference, differences, indifference
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It wouldn't have
made any DIFFERENCE
Westworld Season 2, Episode 6
What DIFFERENCE does it make?
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 9
- What DIFFERENCE does it make?
- What DIFFERENCE?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 16
I kind of split the DIFFERENCE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 23
We had a DIFFERENCE of opinion.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 5
English to Haitian Dictionary: difference
Meaning and definitions of difference, translation in Haitian language for difference with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of difference in Haitian and in English
Tags for the entry "difference"
What difference means in Haitian, difference meaning
in Haitian, difference definition, examples and pronunciation
of difference in Haitian language.