Noun(1) a disagreement or argument about something important(2) coming into conflict with
Verb(1) take exception to(2) have a disagreement over something
(1) We had been in dispute with a major financial institution since February because we believed we had been sold an endowment policy that was not suitable.(2) To be in dispute with the club for which he had played and coached has obviously cut deep, yet Telfer, true to form, rationalises the issue.(3) The union, which represents most of the 2,500 workers in the dairy processing giant, is in dispute with the co-op over its procedural agreement.(4) We have got to kiss and make up with the staff we have been in dispute with and get the team rebuilt.(5) Families are finding themselves in dispute with the Revenue even when tax planning was the furthest thing from their minds.(6) Of course, we will see in our learned friends' submission whether they dispute our repeated assertions that the evidence was uncontested.(7) But Allan Craig added, if the council goes ahead with the plans, the would declare a dispute which could lead to industrial action of some kind.(8) Both Kuerten and Marshall vowed not to ride on a team with O'Connor, and are in dispute with the selectors.(9) Ms Baker is currently in dispute with West Wiltshire Housing Association, who she says are trying to evict her from the house for damage.(10) Somalia became, and remains, a classic ├ö├ç├┐failed state├ö├ç├û where warlords dispute resources and territory.(11) At 1:30 p. m. the column is again in motion; no enemy has appeared to dispute the advance.(12) While she had been in dispute with the tax people about a year-and-a-half ago, she believed the matter had been settled and she was fully paid up.(13) a territorial dispute between the two countries(14) I formed my line and prepared to dispute the advance of the foe(15) There is a clear and substantial prejudice to the Claimant - she is unable to dispute the facts alleged by the Defendant that go to the heart of the case as both Cecil and Arthur are dead.(16) the question in dispute is altogether insignificant
(1) dispute resolution :: rezolisyon dispit
(2) to dispute :: ki nan dispit
(3) in dispute :: nan konfli
(4) labor dispute :: travay dispit
(5) trade dispute :: komès diskisyon
(6) domestic dispute :: domestik dispit
(7) industrial dispute :: endistriyèl diskisyon
(8) civil dispute :: diskisyon sivil
(9) beyond dispute :: pi lwen pase dispit
1. debate ::
2. quarrel ::
3. difference of opinion ::
diferans nan opinyon
4. contravention ::
5. debate ::
6. challenge ::
7. altercate ::
1. accept ::
2. believe ::
3. embrace ::
4. swallow ::
dispute, disputed, disputes, disputing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It's a DISPUTE over turf, right?
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 12
You DISPUTE Newton's claim
that he invented calculus...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 11
during a labor DISPUTE
in the 1800s.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 6
There's some DISPUTE
between Penny and her ex-boyfriend...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 1
That much is beyond DISPUTE.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 8
English to Haitian Dictionary: dispute
Meaning and definitions of dispute, translation in Haitian language for dispute with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of dispute in Haitian and in English
Tags for the entry "dispute"
What dispute means in Haitian, dispute meaning
in Haitian, dispute definition, examples and pronunciation
of dispute in Haitian language.