Adjective(1) slow to learn or understand; lacking intellectual acuity(2) temporarily incapable of speaking(3) lacking the power of human speech(4) unable to speak because of hereditary deafness
(1) I want to bellow in pain like some big dumb beast, and I want to hold my friend and tell him that he has nothing to fear.(2) It's too late to ask dumb philosophical questions.(3) I speak for those who can't speak, for the deaf and dumb witnesses, for otters and seals, for the ancient owls of the earth.(4) These poor dumb harmless animals are cruelly caught in a trap made of a short chain and wire rope and a three-foot bar driven into the ground.(5) Another dumb creature has also been in the limelight.(6) Users could access this centralized computer only by means of dumb terminals.(7) The system was accessed by way of dumb terminals and, later, terminal emulators on PCs.(8) Right away, Andrew knew what a dumb question he was asking.(9) Those companies will know that the best way to relate to customers is as human beings, not as abstract populations to attack, control, capture and herd like dumb beasts.(10) The dumb beasts have less vanity than many a man who vaunts himself created in God's image.(11) Did we make an idol of our dog, imputing to him all sorts of attributes that he was incapable of denying because he was a dumb beast?(12) For some strange, dumb , stupid, pathetic reason, I started laughing.(13) We stared at her in dumb amazement before we burst out laughing.(14) What they do with these questionnaires, is they dumb the questionnaires down , as the level of intelligence of the population collapses.(15) I hope next time they call, I will be in, so I can ask them really dumb questions and see how stupid I can get away with sounding.(16) In other words, it is a node between the dumb router and smart layer control elements that not only touches some of the packet but is involved in more of a control plane manner.
(1) dumb head :: bèbè tèt
(2) dumb down :: bèbè desann
(3) dumb blonde :: bèbè blond
(4) play dumb :: jwe bèbè
(5) struck dumb :: frape bèbè
(6) dumb terminal :: bèbè tèminal
(7) deaf-and-dumb :: soud-ak-bèbè
(8) dumb things :: bagay bèbè
(9) dumb person :: bèbè moun
1. mute ::
2. stupid ::
3. dull ::
4. speechless ::
1. communicative ::
2. speaking ::
dumb, dumber, dumbest, dumbly, dumbness
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Uni, bi, tri, menstrual,
all cycles are DUMB.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 22
...looks DUMB, take your pick.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 2
Oh, i-it's just this
DUMB crystal wand
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 2
Maybe I need to DUMB
these down for you.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 12
all because some DUMB girl
thought it was beneath her.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 17
English to Haitian Dictionary: dumb
Meaning and definitions of dumb, translation in Haitian language for dumb with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of dumb in Haitian and in English language.
Tags for the entry "dumb"
What dumb means in Haitian, dumb meaning in Haitian, dumb definition, examples and pronunciation of dumb in Haitian language.