Noun(1) fine powdery material such as dry earth or pollen that can be blown about in the air(2) the remains of something that has been destroyed or broken up(3) free microscopic particles of solid material
Verb(1) remove the dust from(2) rub the dust over a surface so as to blur the outlines of a shape(3) cover with a light dusting of a substance(4) distribute loosely
(1) Never the less he gave it a quick dust , fitted the terminator device and left.(2) Among the characters is the driver who bequeathed to his family the stubborn speck of coal dust in his eye.(3) That said, I'm a bit of a picnic pedant; I have to have little twists of salt and pepper to dust on to my crisp salad or a ripe tomato or two.(4) Lightly dust the work surface with flour and roll the dough out into a 35 cm square.(5) Leave the tart to cool and dust with cocoa powder.(6) The tissue was ground to a fine dust , the DNA extracted.(7) From time to time, the flash of her camera lights up the dust in whirling clouds.(8) Most of the album is considerably less warped, but a chilly, haunted ambience settles over the whole recording like a fine dust .(9) Pneumoconiosis is caused by inhaling coal dust .(10) The Millennium Stadium on match days is absolutely brimming with redundant miners, with coal dust in their hair and their pick-axes left at the turnstiles.(11) Lightly dust bronzing powder on your forehead, cheeks and browbone, anywhere the sun would hit.(12) At least 36 miners were killed and 30 injured yesterday in an underground methane and coal dust explosion in eastern Ukraine.(13) Infrared wavelengths, which are a little longer than visible light, merely wiggle through the dust in the cloud.(14) They have appointed a German company to carry out tests on dust in surrounding homes and flats and asked residents to keep a diary of when they spot pollution coming from the chimney.(15) When the pick hit a chunk of rock it would send at a sonic blast that would reduce it to a fine dust .(16) The planet's shrouded surface has cooled, and this allowed the winds to die down and the fine dust to begin settling.
(1) dust cover :: pousyè kouvèti
(2) bite the dust :: mòde pousyè tè a
(3) gold dust :: pousyè lò
(4) dust mite :: pousyè MITE
(5) dust off :: pousyè nan
(6) fairy dust :: fe pousyè
(7) dust collector :: pèseptè pousyè
(8) dust bag :: sak pousyè
(9) cloud of dust :: nwaj nan pousyè tè
(10) dust cap :: bouchon pousyè
1. dirt ::
3. debris ::
4. wipe ::
5. sprinkle ::
6. scatter ::
dust, dusted, duster, dusters, dusting, dustless, dusts
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
To watch that beautiful face
collapse to bone and DUST.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3
Until finally they dropped down
and became one with the DUST...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 14
Now he will burn no cities. Now his khalasar
will trample no nations into DUST.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 10
Uh, I need a new DUST filter
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 11
And all my life I've been
knocking men like you into the DUST.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 8
English to Haitian Dictionary: dust
Meaning and definitions of dust, translation in Haitian language for dust with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of dust in Haitian and in English
Tags for the entry "dust"
What dust means in Haitian, dust meaning
in Haitian, dust definition, examples and pronunciation
of dust in Haitian language.