Noun(1) the social force that binds you to the courses of action demanded by that force(2) work that you are obliged to perform for moral or legal reasons(3) a government tax on imports or exports
(1) Patients will have to call the surgery after 8.30 am and leave a contact number as well as a time when the duty nurse can call to discuss the problem.(2) As hospital conditions gradually improved, more wealthy patients choose to go to hospitals for care instead of using a private duty nurse.(3) The excise duty on alcohol is unique among the trade taxes that she and her department oversees as it hits the consumer and the Irish wine industry.(4) Under the terms of the legislation, horse and greyhound racing are guaranteed income from excise duty on off-course betting.(5) But last week travellers set up their homes on the site while the duty guard left his post to take a break for lunch.(6) Calls from the police station will be handled by duty lawyers, who have volunteered to join the scheme, at their homes.(7) a fifteen-minute duty visit(8) a 6 percent duty on imports(9) Unless one believes that there is an absolute obligation to obey every law, moral duty and legal duty will sometimes come into conflict.(10) goods subject to excise duty(11) The excise duty on tobacco has risen by 23 percent.(12) All male citizens serve compulsory periods of military duty between the ages of twenty and fifty.(13) On this Veterans Day, about 180,000 members of the National Guard and reserves are serving on active military duty .(14) As the telephonist has classified the call as urgent another duty doctor telephones the patient back within three minutes, in order to determine the seriousness of the situation.(15) It is also bound to highlight the differences in prices caused by the different rates of VAT and excise duty on different goods.(16) She is private duty nurse with New York Hospital, Cornell Medical Centre, in Manhattan.
(1) on duty :: nan sèvis
(2) duty cycle :: sik devwa
(3) off duty :: nan devwa
(4) duty-free :: devwa-gratis
(5) call of duty :: rele nan devwa
(6) stamp duty :: devwa koupon pou achte
(7) customs duty :: koutim devwa
(8) jury duty :: Sèvis jiri
(9) duty of care :: devwa pou ba yo swen
1. responsibility ::
2. job ::
3. tax ::
4. obligation ::
5. tariff ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You’ll have to excuse me,
it’s the call of DUTY.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 10
Even if he does, Sansa will do her DUTY.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 3
Right, games. They took "Halo 1," "Halo 2,"
"Halo 3," "Call of Duty 1," "Call of Duty 2"...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 13
one where love could
overcome strength and DUTY,
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 7
Call of Duty: World at War,
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 2
English to Haitian Dictionary: duty
Meaning and definitions of duty, translation in Haitian language for duty with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of duty in Haitian and in English
Tags for the entry "duty"
What duty means in Haitian, duty meaning
in Haitian, duty definition, examples and pronunciation
of duty in Haitian language.