Noun(1) the cardinal number that is the sum of seven and one(2) a group of United States painters founded in 1907 and noted for their realistic depictions of sordid aspects of city life(3) one of four playing cards in a deck with eight pips on the face
Adjective(1) being one more than seven
(1) Once the eight of spades is played, then the seven and nine of spades may be played.(2) this is day eight of the protest(3) give me seven or eight more(4) However their party was spoiled when New Zealand surprisingly took the women's eight .(5) At this rate it will take seven to eight weeks to fill the bin.(6) Aisling Young is eight , made her First Holy Communion in May and her granny plaited her hair for the occasion.(7) My mom always bought my shoes in her size, size eight , so she could share with me.(8) The eight , and four others who had still to arrive, are members of the youth group at Ingestre Street Bible Church.(9) number eight(10) The women's eight has two changes from last year's bronze medal crew.(11) Trey came home at eight or so because Krista had to go home before her parents got angry.(12) The Everett Rowing Association finished third in the junior men's lightweight eight .(13) She had to place in the top eight to qualify to run for the actual Olympic team tomorrow.(14) If a player's only card is an eight , s/he cannot play it and is forced to draw a card that turn.(15) size eight shoes(16) it's eight cm long
(1) eight hundred :: uit-san
(2) twenty eight :: ventwit
(3) eighty eight :: katreven uit
(4) fifty eight :: senkant uit
(5) eight o'clock :: uit è
(6) sixty eight :: swasant uit
(7) at eight o'clock :: nan uit è
(8) ninety eight :: katrevendis uit
(9) at eight :: nan uit
1. octet ::
2. eightsome ::
5. octameter ::
6. octuplet ::
7. octave ::
8. octad ::
10. octarchy ::
12. octonary ::
13. octet ::
14. octad ::
eight, eighties, eights, eighty
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Polar bears nurse their cubs
for almost EIGHT months.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 21
- Eight years?
- Oh, that's nothing.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 11
...two, one, six, four, two,
zero, one, nine, EIGHT, nine.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 18
Eight. They will eat our pussies.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 7
What's one old man doing
with EIGHT horses?
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 9
English to Haitian Dictionary: eight
Meaning and definitions of eight, translation in Haitian language for eight with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of eight in Haitian and in English
Tags for the entry "eight"
What eight means in Haitian, eight meaning
in Haitian, eight definition, examples and pronunciation
of eight in Haitian language.