Noun(1) a deliberate act of omission(2) an instance that does not conform to a rule or generalization(3) grounds for adverse criticism
(1) I have a friend and neighbour called Peter Thomson who is an exception to the general rule.(2) An exception puts a rule to test, it does not and cannot prove it in any way.(3) the administrator made an exception in the Colonel's case and waived the normal visiting hours(4) The young girl featured in your article is the exception to the rule and I admire her for it.(5) Mr Gray believes the road should be treated as an exception to the rules because it is terraced.(6) he always plays top tunes, and tonight was no exception(7) Those sort of mechanical problems are the exception rather than the rule nowadays.(8) Luckily there is always an exception to every rule and this one is no different.(9) the drives between towns are a delight, and the journey to Graz is no exception(10) An exception to this general rule is formed by a cheque which bears on its front the letter R.(11) Some play this rule with the exception that a spread of three aces can be held.(12) while he normally shies away from introducing resolutions, he made an exception in this case(13) A capable display by the man in the middle is now the exception rather than the rule.(14) There are a number of well-established exceptions to the general rule and their list is not closed.(15) While no two life sentences will be identical, exceptions to this general pattern will be rare.(16) I know it's a generalisation, and I'm always open to see the exceptions to the rule.
(1) without exception :: san okenn eksepsyon
(2) with the exception of :: ak eksepsyon de
(3) exception handling :: manyen eksepsyon
(4) make an exception :: fè yon eksepsyon
(5) management by exception :: jesyon pa eksepsyon
(6) exception to the rule :: eksepsyon nan règ la
(7) as an exception :: kòm yon eksepsyon
(8) take exception to :: pran eksepsyon nan
1. anomaly ::
2. irregularity ::
3. deviation ::
4. special case ::
5. isolated example ::
6. peculiarity ::
7. abnormality ::
8. oddity ::
9. misfit ::
10. aberration ::
11. freak ::
12. bad apple ::
exception, exceptionable, exceptional, exceptions
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The only EXCEPTION would be
if you threatened to kill someone.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 3
She got them
to make an EXCEPTION.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 23
Well, with the EXCEPTION of string theory,
not much has happened since the 1930s...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 3
but I think
I can make an EXCEPTION.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 15
Any ironborn with the EXCEPTION
of Theon Greyjoy.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 8
English to Haitian Dictionary: exception
Meaning and definitions of exception, translation in Haitian language for exception with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of exception in Haitian and in English
Tags for the entry "exception"
What exception means in Haitian, exception meaning
in Haitian, exception definition, examples and pronunciation
of exception in Haitian language.