Noun(1) a mutually agreed delay in the date set for the completion of a job or payment of a debt(2) act of expanding in scope; making more widely available(3) the spreading of something (a belief or practice(4) an educational opportunity provided by colleges and universities to people who are not enrolled as regular students(5) act of stretching or straightening out a flexed limb(6) a string of characters beginning with a period and followed by one or more letters; the optional second part of a PC computer filename(7) the most direct or specific meaning of a word or expression; the class of objects that an expression refers to(8) the ability to raise the working leg high in the air(9) amount or degree or range to which something extends(10) an additional telephone set that is connected to the same telephone line(11) an addition to the length of something(12) an addition that extends a main building
(1) The patient was distressed on flexion, extension , and internal rotation of the right hip.(2) Posterior elbow pain in the setting of repetitive elbow extension suggests the diagnosis of triceps tendinosis.(3) The extension to the original building was seamlessly carried out, so it is almost impossible to identify the earlier work.(4) There is an application for extension of time which I understand is not opposed.(5) My wife went to extension classes at the University of North Carolina on post.(6) She was learning how to crochet, taking a class in it at the extension college.(7) Sprains and strains may occur with a variety of athletic activities and are more likely to occur with sudden movements involving spinal extension and rotation.(8) This was in the aftermath of the arrival of proper University extension classes established by the 1902 Education Act.(9) Similar commitments by all five of the nuclear powers were essential to gain support for the 1995 extension of the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty.(10) A point is an element that has position, but no extension .(11) As such, offering managed telephony services is a natural extension of their business model.(12) a postgraduate extension course(13) The extension adds an additional round to the magazine, plus it makes the small Glock more comfortable to shoot.(14) An evaluation for effusion should be conducted with the patient supine and the injured knee in extension .(15) The knee examination is normal, but hip pain is elicited with passive internal rotation or extension of the affected hip.(16) Another variation of this exercise is the standing overhead triceps extension .
(1) extension cord :: ekstansyon kòd
(2) hair extension :: ekstansyon cheve
(3) file extension :: ekstansyon dosye
(4) extension cable :: ekstansyon kab
(5) extension number :: nimewo ekstansyon
(6) by extension :: pa ekstansyon
(7) leg extension :: janm ekstansyon
(8) brand extension :: ekstansyon mak
(9) line extension :: liy ekstansyon
(10) extension lead :: ekstansyon plon
1. addition ::
2. expansion ::
5. annexe ::
6. elongation ::
8. filename extension ::
9. propagation ::
10. extension phone ::
11. denotation ::
1. curtailment ::
2. shortening ::
extension, extensional, extensions
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
An EXTENSION of his ability
to leap buildings...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 2
I believe this is an EXTENSION
of the death metaphor.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 8
And by EXTENSION, you know,
neither are you.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 12
l asked for an EXTENSION
from the power company. Why?
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 3
...adult EXTENSION programme
at the university.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 9
English to Haitian Dictionary: extension
Meaning and definitions of extension, translation in Haitian language for extension with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of extension in Haitian and in English language.
Tags for the entry "extension"
What extension means in Haitian, extension meaning in Haitian, extension definition, examples and pronunciation of extension in Haitian language.