Noun(1) the first of two or the first mentioned of two
Adjective(1) referring to the first of two things or persons mentioned (or the earlier one or ones of several(2) belonging to some prior time(3) (used especially of persons(4) belonging to the distant past
(1) The celebration continued with a reception where former colleagues, students and friends shared remembrances.(2) The data show no previous information on the former positions held by fifteen cabinet officials.(3) It's easy to forget the former blight and decay of this part of Southwark.(4) Their judgment was based on fresh evidence from a former boyfriend of the alleged victim which showed her evidence was unreliable.(5) an arch former(6) I prefer the former design to the latest(7) All regret for the past is vain; every desire to revert to a former social stage is unreal.(8) As former colonies gained statehood, the practice frequently continued but steadily lost adherents.(9) If a choice were between law and order kept by private military companies and anarchy, most people would opt for the former .(10) The team that starred at World Cup 02 are a shadow of their former selves and won't be in Germany this summer.(11) I went back day after day to study it more, my former explorations temporarily forgotten.(12) But, of the two, we tend to prefer the former on morphological grounds.(13) The essence of the former view can be presented as follows.(14) Colin Samson clearly takes the former view of the of the Innu experience.(15) The former Minister under the previous Government might have, but I doubt that.(16) The beauty of the former design was that it kept the past current without effort.
(1) the former :: ansyen an
(2) former president :: ansyen prezidan
(3) former employee :: ansyen anplwaye
(4) former name :: ansyen non
(5) former employer :: ansyen anplwayè
(6) former student :: ansyen elèv
(7) former girlfriend :: ansyen mennaj
(8) former boyfriend :: ansyen konpayon
(9) in former times :: nan tan ansyen
(10) former wife :: ansyen madanm
1. one-time ::
3. first-mentioned ::
4. quondam ::
5. early ::
6. previous ::
1. after ::
2. following ::
3. later ::
4. posterior ::
5. subsequent ::
ki vin apre
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The Monte Carlo at the scene
belonged to a FORMER student of his,
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 3
Hank and Steve Gomez are working
with a FORMER associate of Walt's,
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 14
No. What l think we got here is, uh,
ahem, Heisenberg's FORMER cook
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 7
Daario Naharis thinks
I should kill the FORMER Masters,
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 5
Without them, FORMER slaves and
FORMER masters have nothing in common.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 4
English to Haitian Dictionary: former
Meaning and definitions of former, translation in Haitian language for former with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of former in Haitian and in English language.
Tags for the entry "former"
What former means in Haitian, former meaning in Haitian, former definition, examples and pronunciation of former in Haitian language.