Noun(1) one of two equal parts of a divisible whole(2) one of two divisions into which some games or performances are divided: the two divisions are separated by an interval
Adjective(1) consisting of one of two equivalent parts in value or quantity(2) partial(3) (of siblings
Adverb(1) partially or to the extent of a half
(1) Over more than half a century his talent and intensity have proven big enough to fill any role.(2) The visitors side upped their game in the second half when they had got used to the playing surface.(3) And tell your husband that you are going to cut the time you spend in the kitchen by half or even more.(4) In the streets half naked Kiwis could be seen running around like lunatics.(5) The United States has been trying to eliminate its slums for more than half a century.(6) Everitt half committed to entering the race next year with Bourassa as a partner.(7) And in a quick movement, Matthew and picked his half full bottle of Fanta up and walked out of the vending room.(8) The first half concluded with a trapeze act that got nervous applause throughout and a thunderous ovation at the end.(9) He later said the first half was his greatest performance as a pro, and no one who saw it could argue.(10) an eight and a half hour flight(11) When Macbeth is hunched over, scrawny and half bald he does not radiate a sinister charisma.(12) Albany could easily cut this subsidy at least in half and still pay for real charity care.(13) This is the knee-jerk reaction common to all regimes that for half a century have held power in the region.(14) wing half back(15) Wouldn't this prove that Europe really regrets what was perpetrated on its soil half a century ago?(16) half full
(1) half an hour :: mwatye yon èdtan
(2) half life :: mwatye lavi
(3) half board :: tablo mwatye
(4) half past :: mwatye sot pase
(5) half hour :: demi èdtan
(6) half past six :: mwatye sot pase sis
(7) a half :: yon mwatye
3. divided in two ::
divize an de
4. partially ::
5. partly ::
9. in part ::
10. part ::
12. portion ::
13. section ::
14. part ::
15. period ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Half man! Half man!
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 9
-Three million and HALF.
-The bidding is open!
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 7
Half the men will hate me
the moment I give the order.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 5
Fourteen and a HALF.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 12
The Young Wolf has
lost HALF his army. His days are numbered.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 5
English to Haitian Dictionary: half
Meaning and definitions of half, translation in Haitian language for half with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of half in Haitian and in English language.
Tags for the entry "half"
What half means in Haitian, half meaning in Haitian, half definition, examples and pronunciation of half in Haitian language.