Noun(1) a single distinct event(2) a public disturbance
Adjective(1) falling or striking of light rays on something(2) (sometimes followed by `to'
(1) There is a resonant interaction of the incident light with the surface plasmons on both surfaces of the metal film.(2) The sample chamber could be rotated to alter the incident angle for both reflective and transmissive diffraction.(3) The cutoff wavelength of a dichroic mirror is a sensitive function of the incident angle.(4) If the Germans did not like it, they could attack American forces├ö├ç┬¬ Everything was to be done to force an incident .(5) Compressive force on the platelet, on the other hand, is a function of both the incident angle and shear rate.(6) It chronicles where the incident happened, when, and in what circumstances.(7) This orientation minimizes the polymer's exposure to incident light and hence lowers observed fluorescence.(8) The incident happened in 1994 as mourners gathered after the funeral of the boy's grandfather.(9) It was an hour packed with drama, incident , excitement, courage and endeavour.(10) The net effect is the diffraction of the incident radiation by the array of molecules.(11) Note that the incident angle is the angle between the laser beam and the normal to the interface.(12) In a bizarre but later understandable chain of events, an incident happened in seconds that ruined the lives of four men and ended that of a fifth.(13) The appellate court reversed, saying the search was lawful because it was incident to the arrest of the passenger.(14) It is true if and only if the first argument is incident to the second.(15) He saw that she showed no sign of being scared on account of the occurrence of a political incident .(16) The first meeting passed off without incident .
(1) incident report :: ensidan rapò
(2) incident ray :: ensidan ray
(3) incident wave :: ensidan vag
(4) incident to :: ensidan pote
1. incidental ::
2. event ::
3. occurrence ::
4. episode ::
5. experience ::
6. happening ::
7. occasion ::
8. proceeding ::
9. eventuality ::
10. affair ::
11. business ::
12. adventure ::
13. exploit ::
14. escapade ::
15. matter ::
16. circumstance ::
17. fact ::
18. development ::
coincident, incident, incidents
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
What minor little INCIDENT?
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 3
A minor INCIDENT?
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 3
for that INCIDENT with the High Septon.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 3
Teams 1 and 2,
go to the area of the INCIDENT.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 12
Well, I did mention the Mars Rover
INCIDENT to that FBI agent...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 7
English to Haitian Dictionary: incident
Meaning and definitions of incident, translation in Haitian language for incident with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of incident in Haitian and in English language.
Tags for the entry "incident"
What incident means in Haitian, incident meaning in Haitian, incident definition, examples and pronunciation of incident in Haitian language.