Noun(1) (anatomy, especially if it allows motion(2) a disreputable place of entertainment(3) the shape or manner in which things come together and a connection is made(4) a piece of meat roasted or for roasting and of a size for slicing into more than one portion(5) junction by which parts or objects are joined together(6) marijuana leaves rolled into a cigarette for smoking
Verb(1) fit as if by joints(2) provide with a joint(3) fasten with a joint(4) separate (meat
Adjective(1) united or combined(2) affecting or involving two or more(3) involving both houses of a legislature
(1) She would get a huge joint of beef or lamb for about two shillings and they would put 2lb of sausages in for free.(2) Another objective of the report is securing greater and continued support from the trade for joint tourism development activity.(3) It acts perpendicular to the cross section of the joint .(4) For me, an ideal meal would be a joint of lamb cooked in the Aga at home, with plenty of fresh vegetables from my garden.(5) Enjoy lunch from the best fast-food joint in town - your kitchen!(6) groove joint(7) In a joint statement the couple described their break-up as " a very tough decision".(8) The weak points of each school become apparent when joint practices are held.(9) The pension companies will come up with a joint position on their participation in the pension reform.(10) If you have ever hacked into a joint of meat you will know it is difficult to cut through bone.(11) To help his recovery, Johnson had injections in December to lubricate the joint .(12) Drafters of the roadmap also hope to encourage collaboration by funding more joint research.(13) elbow joint(14) Jane was in the kitchen cooking a joint of beef ready for when Daddy got home.(15) they came in joint first(16) Make joint custody a reality instead of a meaningless scrap of paper.
(1) joint venture :: antrepriz
(2) joint ventures :: patenarya
(3) joint account :: jwenti kont
(4) ball joint :: boul jwenti
(5) hip joint :: jwenti anch
(6) joint-stock :: jwenti-stock
(7) joint effort :: jefò kolektif
(8) lap joint :: janm jwenti
(9) butt joint :: bou jwenti
1. common ::
2. juncture ::
3. ball-and-socket joint ::
4. establishment ::
5. marijuana cigarette ::
6. reefer ::
7. roast ::
8. articulation ::
9. articulate ::
conjoint, joint, jointed, jointing, jointly, joints
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You're talking about a level-two JOINT.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 12
and pat her on her second-most
erogenous ball-and-socket JOINT?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 17
What's a vegan doing
in a fried chicken JOINT?
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 7
Why don't we put the money
in a JOINT account?
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 6
and then we can re-evaluate
based on our JOINT assets.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 3
English to Haitian Dictionary: joint
Meaning and definitions of joint, translation in Haitian language for joint with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of joint in Haitian and in English language.
Tags for the entry "joint"
What joint means in Haitian, joint meaning in Haitian, joint definition, examples and pronunciation of joint in Haitian language.