- lyonfenmèl lyonlionizationsélébrélyon
Noun(1) large gregarious predatory feline of Africa and India having a tawny coat with a shaggy mane in the male(2) a celebrity who is lionized (much sought after(3) (astrology(4) the fifth sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about July 23 to August 22
(1) The crowd roars like a lion in a cage.(2) At Babylon there is a famous basalt statue of a man being mauled by a lion .(3) Though he needs no calling card today, how odd, and even sad, it is that this lion of American letters is still struggling to find his way into print.(4) He has been justly celebrated as a business lion - and the book reveals a certain beastliness.(5) When the Scottish King James I came to the throne he ordered that the heraldic red lion of Scotland be displayed on all buildings of importance including pubs.(6) Though this lion has the tendency to be arrogant, sulky or smug, he/she is unrestrained in bed.(7) Above the doorway of the old hall was a carved escutcheon with a lion rampant, the Arms of the De Lacys.(8) I needn't see the heraldic lion on his clothes' front to know where he came from.(9) The ancient emblem for the nation was a lion holding a scimitar against a rising sun.(10) It is therefore important when examining a slaver on foot to see that it is struck with the obligatory lion passant or leopard's head erased mark.(11) The river has chiselled the mountain face, making it resemble a lion 's paw.(12) She noticed an intricately carved, roaring lion 's head was at the end of the banister.(13) They have two flags - the lion rampant and the saltire - but no national anthem.(14) The Sri Lankan flag with the trademark lion embossed in the middle is flying high around the ring and every time a Sri Lankan batsman hits a boundary the roar from the crowd gets louder.(15) A stone lion 's head, which seems to float above a potted plant, drips water into the pool.(16) a literary lion
(1) sea lion :: lanmè lyon
(2) the lion :: lyon an
(3) mountain lion :: lyon mòn
(4) lion-hearted :: lyon move santiman nan kè
(5) lion of god :: lyon nan Bondye
(6) lion king :: lyon wa
(7) young lion :: jenn ti lyon
lion, lioness, lionesses, lionization, lionize, lionizes, lions
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
What do you say, boys?
Time for a LION hunt?
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 7
and the LION sticking its tongue out
means I'm happy about it.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 10
My little bowl of LION chow.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 23
Lamb or LION,
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 8
And you, my LION.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 9
English to Haitian Dictionary: lion
Meaning and definitions of lion, translation in Haitian language for lion with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of lion in Haitian and in English
Tags for the entry "lion"
What lion means in Haitian, lion meaning
in Haitian, lion definition, examples and pronunciation
of lion in Haitian language.