Verb(1) hear with intention(2) listen and pay attention(3) pay close attention to; give heed to
(1) listen here, have some sense!(2) Patients will even be able to order a film to watch, or an audio book to listen to, both from their beds.(3) A cursory listen reveals that the first version closely resembles Nashville's, from a musical standpoint.(4) The UK must realise that real consultation requires them to listen to me and take my advice.(5) He knows he is right and so feels no need to listen to advice that goes against his conviction.(6) He is an experienced town clerk and we would obviously listen to the advice that he gives.(7) I listen to the sounds of the radiators ticking as the central heating comes on.(8) Just one listen to this album will blow away all your blues.(9) They want to tell us all what we can and cannot watch, read, listen to or think about.(10) listen, I've got an idea(11) listen, I've had an idea(12) But before we go to break, take a listen to this sound that's being played in the courtroom.(13) I wish they'd just put up a transcript, but for those of you with broadband it's well worth a listen .(14) Nevertheless, there are undoubtedly some hidden gems which make this set worth the listen .(15) Every few minutes he would stop and listen to what sounds there were in these quiet highland woods.(16) To watch and listen to these young boys and girls who were so obviously enjoying what they were doing was great.
(1) listen to music :: tande mizik
(2) listen to :: koute
(3) listen to the radio :: koute radyo a
(4) listen carefully :: koute ak anpil atansyon
(5) listen again :: koute ankò
(6) listen in :: koute nan
(7) listen for :: koute pou
(8) listen attentively :: koute avèk atansyon
(9) listen out :: koute soti
(10) listen out for :: koute soti pou
1. hear ::
2. pay attention to ::
peye atansyon sou
3. mind ::
1. ignore ::
listen, listenable, listened, listener, listeners, listening, listens
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Listen to the gods, for you they sing.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 8
- Don't LISTEN to her.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 19
Listen to yourselves.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 4
if one knows how to LISTEN.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 10
It's not creepy. Don't LISTEN to him.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 21
English to Haitian Dictionary: listen
Meaning and definitions of listen, translation in Haitian language for listen with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of listen in Haitian and in English language.
Tags for the entry "listen"
What listen means in Haitian, listen meaning in Haitian, listen definition, examples and pronunciation of listen in Haitian language.