Noun(1) place of business where professional or clerical duties are performed(2) an administrative unit of government(3) the actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group(4) (of a government or government official(5) professional or clerical workers in an office(6) a religious rite or service prescribed by ecclesiastical authorities(7) a job in an organization
(1) an office job(2) After an interim administration, the new president took office this past October.(3) Now she is not too sure if she wants to return to her office job.(4) Almost the first act of the Tory council that took office in May was to stop the rebuilding of Barnet football ground.(5) a ticket office(6) I've been here ever since to oversee the operations with some of our folks out of our Washington office .(7) Traditionally, when a man holds a religious office , or becomes a grandfather, he grows a beard.(8) the office of attorney general(9) I bought cakes for the office(10) They did so as a shock election result in Spain removed from office the Tory Popular Party of Aznar.(11) We first met at his attorney's office in August.(12) Four colonies had established churches but did not exclude clergy from political office .(13) he was ejected from office in 1988(14) This wave of resistance swept social democratic parties back into office throughout Europe.(15) I do want to emphasise that I am first and foremost, in my public office , a judge.(16) She was slight and the seat felt like an oversized chair that you'd find in a psychiatrists office .
(1) post office :: Biwo pos
(2) head office :: tèt biwo
(3) box office :: biwo bwat
(4) office worker :: biwo travayè
(5) office building :: bilding pou biwo
(6) branch office :: biwo branch
(7) office manager :: manadjè biwo
(8) ticket office :: Biwo tikè
(9) out of office :: soti nan biwo
(10) office supplies :: founiti pou biwo
1. place of work ::
nan travay ou
2. branch ::
3. post ::
4. assistance ::
5. duty ::
6. power ::
7. office staff ::
8. part ::
9. business office ::
10. spot ::
11. authority ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- It's my OFFICE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 4
Walk into a doctor's OFFICE
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
l call their Houston OFFICE,
l get through to the nicest
little 20-year-old temp.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 7
This is my OFFICE.
Which makes for a great commute.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 7
The president of the university wants me
to meet him at his OFFICE at 8 a.m.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 23
English to Haitian Dictionary: office
Meaning and definitions of office, translation in Haitian language for office with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of office in Haitian and in English language.
Tags for the entry "office"
What office means in Haitian, office meaning in Haitian, office definition, examples and pronunciation of office in Haitian language.