Noun(1) a worker who holds or is invested with an office(2) someone who administers the rules of a game or sport
Adjective(1) having official authority or sanction(2) of or relating to an office(3) verified officially(4) conforming to set usage, procedure, or discipline(5) (of a church
(1) Mostly obviously they now can use the right to be represented by a union official in disciplinaries.(2) Simple lack of official records of intelligence activities on both sides was another factor.(3) Then, during the Second World War, he was employed as an official cartoonist to the US forces stationed in Europe.(4) This, the Prime Minister's official spokesman said, reflected the continuing value that the public placed on the honours system.(5) Foxx has agreed to be the official spokesman for the NAACP Disaster Relief Fund.(6) Spanish and Quechua are both recognized as official languages in Peru.(7) All official bodies have a responsibility for it in policy-making, management and resource allocation in their spheres of activity.(8) I say this realizing that it could be a senior Administration official whom I generally have respected or admired.(9) As the spokesman admitted, there is an official ban on such activities, of which all scientists involved would have been well aware.(10) Whatever happens, few members of the public accept the official line that the case is criminal and not politically motivated.(11) A customs official described it as a sensible solution that helps those down on their luck.(12) It was the third official investigation into his activities.(13) His official spokesman said that he was emphatic that the incident should not be be allowed to damage community relations in Britain.(14) This is a very tricky question, not helped by the official response to recent public debate, which has been pure spin-doctoring.(15) Though official figures are difficult to come by, reports estimate that at least 200 people were killed.(16) However, the Prime Minister's official spokesman insisted that Britain and the US were continuing to pursue the same course.
(1) official language :: lang ofisyèl
(2) for official use only :: pou itilize ofisyèl sèlman
(3) customs official :: koutim ofisyèl
(4) government official :: ofisyèl gouvènman
(5) official seal :: ofisyèl sele
(6) official report :: rapò ofisyèl
(7) official letter :: ofisyèl lèt
(8) public official :: ofisyèl piblik
(9) senior official :: ofisyèl wo grade
(10) official exchange rate :: ofisyèl echanj pousantaj lajan
1. authorized ::
2. ceremonial ::
4. officer ::
5. functionary ::
nonofficial, official, officialdom, officialese, officialism, officially, officials
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
No, that's wrong.
There's an OFFICIAL schedule.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 13
A common saying,
but not their OFFICIAL motto.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 5
Ask it, like, OFFICIAL.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 8
AA, I need your OFFICIAL answer.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 13
Thorne will have made it OFFICIAL by now.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 1
English to Haitian Dictionary: official
Meaning and definitions of official, translation in Haitian language for official with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of official in Haitian and in English language.
Tags for the entry "official"
What official means in Haitian, official meaning in Haitian, official definition, examples and pronunciation of official in Haitian language.