Noun(1) an examination conducted by spoken communication
Adjective(1) using speech rather than writing(2) of or relating to or affecting or for use in the mouth(3) of or involving the mouth or mouth region or the surface on which the mouth is located(4) a stage in psychosexual development when the child's interest is concentrated in the mouth; fixation at this stage is said to result in dependence, selfishness, and aggression
(1) But, over the next month, they are expected to deliver written or oral responses to the issues paper, before the inquiry receives final submissions in early August.(2) Scientists know that alcohol increases the risk of several cancers, including those of the oral cavity, oesophagus, and liver.(3) The data do not suggest that use of oral contraceptives can interrupt an established pregnancy.(4) There has been little input from the clinicians who prescribe oral contraceptives or from the women who use them.(5) Any woman who had ever been pregnant, had a positive pregnancy test, or used estrogen replacement therapy or oral contraceptives was excluded from the study.(6) These young women were compared with 27 members of the cohort who had never used oral contraceptives by age 21.(7) African radio stations have been important patrons of music and, in some countries, of poetry and oral literature.(8) As an oral tradition, Druidry does not anchor itself with scientific or historical facts; instead it breathes, shaping itself through stories ancient and modern.(9) Computational media can have the same fundamental impact on our individual lives and our societies as reading and writing had to move us from oral to literal societies.(10) The songs and poetry represent oral literature passed on to performers by their teachers.(11) Signs of dehydration include increased thirst, fatigue, dry oral mucosa, and decreased urinary output.(12) Folktales also played a major role in oral literature and their subject matter ranged from love to heroism to supernatural acts.(13) The women in the study were 18 to 44 years of age, were ovulating normally, and were not taking oral contraceptives.(14) Like the slaves, immersed from birth in an oral tradition, she sings the recipe to retain the words.(15) The Asmat have a great deal of oral literature, but no written tradition.(16) Folk literature from the oral tradition to the printed word encompasses four major types: legends, myths, fables, and fairy tales.
(1) oral sex :: sèks oral
(2) oral presentation :: prezantasyon oral
(3) oral exam :: egzamen oral
(4) oral cavity :: Kavite oral
(5) oral test :: tès oral
(6) oral hygiene :: ijyèn nan bouch
(7) oral examination :: egzamen oral
(8) oral history :: istwa oral
(9) oral tradition :: tradisyon oral
(10) oral expression :: ekspresyon oral
1. spoken ::
2. verbal ::
3. unwritten ::
4. vocal ::
6. said ::
7. by mouth ::
8. viva voce ::
9. oral examination ::
10. viva ::
11. viva voce ::
oral, orally, orals
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I'm sorry, what was that?
I had a little stroke after "ORAL."
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 8
Relax, he's just a friend. We're doing
an ORAL report together. He's really nice.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 8
It has also been shown to cause significantly
fewer side effects than other ORAL contraceptives.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 4
is a brief ORAL narrative
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 12
And after that I'll make up my own rules
of ORAL hygiene...
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 21
English to Haitian Dictionary: oral
Meaning and definitions of oral, translation in Haitian language for oral with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of oral in Haitian and in English language.
Tags for the entry "oral"
What oral means in Haitian, oral meaning in Haitian, oral definition, examples and pronunciation of oral in Haitian language.