Noun(1) one side of one leaf (of a book or magazine or newspaper or letter etc.(2) English industrialist who pioneered in the design and manufacture of aircraft (1885-1962(3) United States diplomat and writer about the Old South (1853-1922(4) a boy who is employed to run errands(5) a youthful attendant at official functions or ceremonies such as legislative functions and weddings(6) in medieval times a youth acting as a knight's attendant as the first stage in training for knighthood
Verb(1) contact, as with a pager or by calling somebody's name over a P.A. system(2) work as a page(3) number the pages of a book or manuscript
(1) The current team want their page in history and they want to be recognised.(2) However, they may be forgetting one point which is that when history turns a new page , it can't be easily turned back.(3) Banks aren't just the kind of businesses that we read about on the stock market page of the newspaper.(4) You get panicky and page your friend who's capable of tackling such problems.(5) We'd literally walk into a store and have the manager page the forklift guy.(6) He also handles the obituary page on the local newspaper.(7) The reason his name leaped out from the fine print of the obit page was the cover art of his Columbia records, which I never forgot.(8) You see, in the Tools section there is a page that allows you to look for firmware updates and the like.(9) A rare book store which was nearly destroyed in an arson attack has turned a new page in its history.(10) In a way it is perhaps disappointing to think that the only small mark one has made on the fragile page of history is to have danced on a table.(11) This is, therefore, a new page in the history of world empires.(12) a text file reader enables you to page through the authors text file using indexes(13) It was over now, a page in history ending almost two years ago.(14) Apart from rounding off a page in history, does it matter any more?(15) I'll read the letters page of any newspaper within reach.(16) They are, essentially, just an extended version of a newspaper editorial page with many varied, individual voices.
(1) front page :: devan paj
(2) current page :: Kouran paj
(3) web page :: paj entènèt
(4) home page :: paj lakay
(5) page up :: paj moute
(6) cover page :: paj KOUVÈTI
(7) page down :: paj desann
(8) title page :: paj tit
(9) previous page :: paj anvan
(10) page number :: nimewo paj
1. folio ::
2. period ::
3. messenger ::
4. varlet ::
5. pageboy ::
7. paginate ::
page, paged, pages, paging
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Thank you for agreeing to see me,
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 7
I mean, it's PAGE after PAGE
of side effects and warnings.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 3
That's not an e-mail,
that's Leslie's Facebook PAGE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 21
Excuse me, Wolverine: Origin
Miniseries Issue 2, PAGE 22.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 2
This is Stephanie's Facebook PAGE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 9
English to Haitian Dictionary: page
Meaning and definitions of page, translation in Haitian language for page with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of page in Haitian and in English
Tags for the entry "page"
What page means in Haitian, page meaning
in Haitian, page definition, examples and pronunciation
of page in Haitian language.