Adjective(1) belonging to or inherited from one's father(2) characteristic of a father(3) relating to or characteristic of or befitting a parent(4) related on the father's side
(1) Western tradition dictated that that authority should be paternal .(2) My paternal grandfather came over from England.(3) And his paternal grandfather wasn't exactly a role model, either.(4) Similar to early work in the U.S., no study on paternal involvement has been done using data collected from fathers themselves.(5) Another measurement of paternal effort is the intensity with which the father defends his offspring.(6) Through the modalities of education and support, young fathers may advance in both their level of paternal involvement and their own development.(7) The father's education also may be associated with levels of paternal involvement.(8) Support from the adolescent father's parents may be a particularly important influence on paternal involvement.(9) Of his paternal grandfather, David, who died three years before Ian was born, he knew almost nothing, and it was to the far north that he headed in search of answers.(10) I'm certain it had something to do with his paternal grandfather's three tours of duty there.(11) Max's paternal grandfather was a member of the Red Army and had to carefully hide the fact his wife's parents had been landowners.(12) Her paternal grandfather settled in Singapore more than 70 years ago.(13) These results suggest that paternal expectations motivate fathers' behavior.(14) However, her father, exercising every paternal instinct and right, ordered her out of the boat straight away.(15) He himself is a father and yet, despite his best efforts, his paternal instincts are weird to the extreme.(16) Needless to say, social life is charged with signs that affirm the paternal authority of those in power.
(1) paternal grandmother :: patènèl grann
(2) paternal grandfather :: patènèl granpapa
(3) paternal aunt :: patènèl matant
(4) paternal uncle :: patènèl tonton
1. fatherly ::
2. on one's father's side ::
sou bò papa yon sèl la nan
paternal, paternalism, paternalist, paternalists, paternally
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Hey, I'm a very PATERNAL person.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 23
English to Haitian Dictionary: paternal
Meaning and definitions of paternal, translation in Haitian language for paternal with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of paternal in Haitian and in English language.
Tags for the entry "paternal"
What paternal means in Haitian, paternal meaning in Haitian, paternal definition, examples and pronunciation of paternal in Haitian language.