Noun(1) electronic equipment that converts sound into electrical signals that can be transmitted over distances and then converts received signals back into sounds(2) (phonetics(3) electro-acoustic transducer for converting electric signals into sounds; it is held over or inserted into the ear
Verb(1) get or try to get into communication (with someone
(1) to talk to sb on the phone(2) He jokes with him on the phone , finishes the call and continues at the point that he left off.(3) cordless phone(4) It has been shown that enlarging the phone set and using more alternative symbols to represent partial variations and attempting to use more refined acoustic models trained from accurate surface form transcriptions are of little benefit.(5) He held the phone to his ear for a few seconds after she hung up, in a sudden shock.(6) a receptionist answered the phone(7) I chat to one guy on the phone whose voice is so husky and his chest sounds wheezy if he talks for long.(8) a phone number(9) a few seconds later the phone rang(10) to answer the phone(11) She hung up and I stared at my phone blankly for a second before dropping it on my bed.(12) contact us by phone(13) After only a few seconds she put the phone down and looked back up at the two teens.(14) she's on the phone(15) Mr Lambert was sitting on the step outside and she gave him the phone to continue with the call.(16) The work he had to do at home was done in ten seconds flat after hanging up the phone .
(1) cell phone :: telefòn selilè
(2) mobile phone :: telefòn mobil
(3) phone number :: nimewo telefòn
(4) phone call :: Apèl telefòn
(5) on the phone :: sou telefòn la
(6) phone book :: liv telefòn
(7) cellular phone :: telefòn selilè
(8) answer the phone :: reponn telefòn nan
(9) pick up the phone :: ranmase telefòn lan
(10) phone booth :: izolwa telefòn
1. telephone ::
2. speech sound ::
4. telephone ::
5. ring ::
phone, phoned, phones, phoning
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
l think you, um, got a PHONE call.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 12
...who have agreed to speak to you
on the PHONE right now.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 18
"' alt="(PHONE CHIMES)
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 23
[CELL PHONE VlBRATlNG]
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 6
English to Haitian Dictionary: phone
Meaning and definitions of phone, translation in Haitian language for phone with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of phone in Haitian and in English language.
Tags for the entry "phone"
What phone means in Haitian, phone meaning in Haitian, phone definition, examples and pronunciation of phone in Haitian language.