- objektifobjektifobjektifendesifè espre
Noun(1) an anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions(2) what something is used for(3) the quality of being determined to do or achieve something; firmness of purpose
Verb(1) propose or intend(2) reach a decision
(1) It is grossly unfair and it is defeating the purpose of these meetings.(2) it can only be used for the purpose of self-defence(3) Duncan Smith has approached the past week with the focus and sense of purpose to be expected of a former Scots Guard.(4) They understood the purpose of the meeting was to discuss incorporating a new company.(5) It was created for the purpose of promoting advancement and prosperity of our continent.(6) there was a new sense of purpose in her step as she set off(7) the wall wasn't built for that purpose(8) Thus the reasons for and the purpose behind a person's detention are all-important.(9) He appealed to the teachers to inculcate human values and a sense of purpose in life among children.(10) what's your main purpose in life?(11) If you've made an effort, you should explain the purpose and the reason behind it.(12) The midfield pairing provided Rangers with a dynamic, unrelenting sense of purpose .(13) There's a high degree of trust, a very high degree of camaraderie and sense of purpose .(14) the building is no longer needed for its original purpose(15) It is a self-conscious feeling of insecurity about their own status and sense of purpose in society today.(16) for what purpose?
(1) on purpose :: sou objektif
(2) general purpose :: objektif jeneral
(3) for the purpose of :: nan bi pou yo
(4) for the purpose :: nan bi pou
(5) main purpose :: objektif prensipal
(6) for this purpose :: pou objektif sa a
(7) all-purpose :: tout-bi
(8) infinitive of purpose :: infinitif nan bi
(9) sole purpose :: sèl objektif
1. motive ::
2. intention ::
3. advantage ::
4. function ::
5. determination ::
6. intent ::
7. intend ::
8. resolve ::
9. purport ::
purpose, purposed, purposeful, purposeless, purposely, purposes, purposing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It's there on PURPOSE. It's refreshing.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 13
he's not doing it
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 7
It-it-it means he did it
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 14
A wink is on PURPOSE.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 8
There's a greater PURPOSE at work.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 5
English to Haitian Dictionary: purpose
Meaning and definitions of purpose, translation in Haitian language for purpose with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of purpose in Haitian and in English
Tags for the entry "purpose"
What purpose means in Haitian, purpose meaning
in Haitian, purpose definition, examples and pronunciation
of purpose in Haitian language.