Noun(1) (chemistry(2) an idea evoked by some experience(3) a bodily process occurring due to the effect of some antecedent stimulus or agent(4) (mechanics(5) a response that reveals a person's feelings or attitude(6) extreme conservatism in political or social matters(7) doing something in opposition to another way of doing it that you don't like
(1) In periods of political reaction , innumerable forms of social backwardness, ignorance and stupidity come into their own.(2) He said he has been surprised by the positive reaction from the public.(3) The violence of Violet's reaction had not surprised her, indeed, she was rather pleased by it.(4) prices fell in reaction to intense competition(5) The forces of reaction in Europe rallied against what they took to be the International and all its works.(6) a chemical reaction caused by a build-up of particular sodium salts(7) It is no coincidence that this development has occurred during a period of deepening social and political reaction .(8) The rise of conservative views, clubs, and newspapers is a direct reaction against being told how to think.(9) What's driving the British reaction against Guantanamo Bay?(10) And if the public has a big reaction against something, the story's going to stay for a while.(11) the law of action and reaction(12) The mood of the broad masses is quite at odds with the creed of avarice and social reaction that animates the incoming government.(13) We also observe a positive market reaction to the announcements of relocations involving corporate headquarters and plants.(14) this isn't the reaction they expected(15) When you talk about working in a rights mode there is always the element of reaction and pressure.(16) And in all its forms, even on the conservative Right, it is a reaction against the Enlightenment and is thus essentially new.
(1) chain reaction :: reyaksyon chèn
(2) chemical reaction :: reyaksyon chimik
(3) reaction time :: tan reyaksyon
(4) adverse reaction :: negatif reyaksyon
(5) gut reaction :: zantray reyaksyon
(6) reaction mixture :: melanj reyaksyon
(7) condensation reaction :: kondansasyon reyaksyon
(8) knee-jerk reaction :: jenou-embesil reyaksyon
(9) redox reaction :: oksido reyaksyon
1. response ::
2. backlash ::
3. chemical reaction ::
reaction, reactionaries, reactionary, reactions
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
is having allergic REACTION to peanuts.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 16
...but that's the natural REACTION
of the limbic system...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 11
Look at her REACTION
to the good-night kiss.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 1
If the two of you engage in intercourse,
this will create the biochemical REACTION...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 9
Still no REACTION.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 5
English to Haitian Dictionary: reaction
Meaning and definitions of reaction, translation in Haitian language for reaction with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of reaction in Haitian and in English language.
Tags for the entry "reaction"
What reaction means in Haitian, reaction meaning in Haitian, reaction definition, examples and pronunciation of reaction in Haitian language.