Noun(1) a share of something(2) a serving that has been cut from a larger portion(3) a wound made by cutting(4) a golf shot that curves to the right for a right-handed golfer(5) a thin flat piece cut off of some object(6) a spatula for spreading paint or ink
Verb(1) make a clean cut through(2) hit a ball and put a spin on it so that it travels in a different direction(3) cut into slices(4) hit a ball so that it causes a backspin
(1) All we are saying down there, as I understand it, is that you can't take a slice of it, recount it until it comes out your way, and then ignore the rest of the contest.(2) Let me share with you a slice of our conversation that we had over tea.(3) He can hit line drives or slice the ball to the opposite field.(4) If you tend to slice the ball, I recommend that you tee it a little higher when hitting a driver or low-lofted metal wood.(5) In Japan, folks stop by their local sobaya for a dish of plump buckwheat soba noodles, the way New Yorkers pick up a slice .(6) Everybody from general assistants to stock controllers and delivery drivers enjoyed a slice of the profits.(7) We're in front of a pizza joint now. He orders the steak bomb, I get a slice .(8) It showed in the contact situation, where Bedford just had the sharper hunger at the breakdown, and they were able to protect a hard-won lead with a slice of good fortune favouring them on the day.(9) slice the onion into rings(10) Meanwhile, mince the garlic, slice the onion, chop the green pepper and dice the eggplants into 2 cm cubes.(11) I wanted to do everything at a slow tempo as I knew it is critical to having a solid slice at the ball.(12) It was felt by some that the rescue would have been acceptable if those who paid for it - including the state - received a slice of the bank's shares in return.(13) A slice of ├ö├ç├┐real├ö├ç├û life, walking down the street without being recognised is something that probably keeps Nagesh grounded.(14) The wind heightens any spin on the ball, and accentuates a slice or a hook.(15) On downhill runs we would slice past the bellowing Buran, sometimes startling a snowy arctic hare as we rounded a bend.(16) Baseball is a slice of American life, and baseball people have historically taken risks and made sacrifices to defend America.
(1) slice of life :: tranch nan lavi
(2) slice of bread :: tranch pen
(3) slice up :: tranch moute
(4) time slice :: tan tranch
(5) slice of cheese :: tranch nan fwomaj
(6) home slice :: lakay tranch
(7) thin slice :: mens tranch
(8) slice off :: tranch nan
(9) slice bread :: tranch pen
(10) fish slice :: pwason tranch
1. piece ::
2. share ::
4. cut ::
7. slit ::
8. slice up ::
slice, sliced, slices, slicing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
A SLICE of cake
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 9
I'm gonna SLICE me off a side of bacon.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 4
My Queen, shall I SLICE out
his tongue for you?
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 8
No, any way you SLICE it,
everyone is in danger.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 4
He liked the taste of his son so
much, he asked for a second SLICE.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 10
English to Haitian Dictionary: slice
Meaning and definitions of slice, translation in Haitian language for slice with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of slice in Haitian and in English
Tags for the entry "slice"
What slice means in Haitian, slice meaning
in Haitian, slice definition, examples and pronunciation
of slice in Haitian language.