Noun(1) the relative position or standing of things or especially persons in a society(2) a state at a particular time, or state
(1) those who enjoy wealth and status(2) when I updated my status on Facebook yesterday I said I was 'seeking a sense of purpose'(3) Cheran enjoyed his new found status as an actor as fans mobbed him everywhere.(4) Among some southern tribes, the number of cattle a family owns is a sign of wealth and status .(5) Its organic status gave it the gutsy real flavours that chemicals never can.(6) Do the recent track records of returning stars warrant their elevated status in new shows?(7) So there is one more race to follow, and nearly enough candidates to apply for official club status .(8) an update on the status of the bill(9) I noticed that there were some interesting status updates from some of my local friends(10) They are mediocre nonentities who demand to know your tax history, your type of business, your social status .(11) So far, only two other railway lines have been granted the status from nearly 800 sites worldwide.(12) Kindly bear with us for another 2 working days and I can assure you that we will surely update you with the status .(13) The former is a preliminary step to sainthood, while the latter is the elevation to the status of saint.(14) On the one hand, it was a powerful tool to enhance or sustain personal and corporate power, wealth, and status .(15) She toyed with them incessantly as she typed up the daily status and safety reports.(16) an improvement in the status of women
(1) marital status :: eta sivil
(2) status quo :: ko estati
(3) status bar :: estati ba
(4) social status :: estati sosyal
(5) martial status :: estati masyal
(6) civil status :: sitiyasyon sivil
(7) legal status :: estati legal
(8) status report :: rapò estati
(9) status symbol :: estati senbòl
(10) material status :: estati materyèl
1. standing ::
2. prestige ::
3. state ::
4. condition ::
5. position ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
No, I don't know his immigration STATUS.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 1
And I look forward
to hearing from you regarding its STATUS.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 13
Thinking all that mattered
was money and the STATUS and...
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 5
which means this would actually
be a return to the STATUS quo.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 23
I didn't change my STATUS.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 9
English to Haitian Dictionary: status
Meaning and definitions of status, translation in Haitian language for status with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of status in Haitian and in English language.
Tags for the entry "status"
What status means in Haitian, status meaning in Haitian, status definition, examples and pronunciation of status in Haitian language.