Noun(1) a person having a sexual orientation to persons of the opposite sex(2) a poker hand with 5 consecutive cards (regardless of suit(3) a straight segment of a roadway or racecourse
Adjective(1) successive (without a break(2) having no deviations(3) (of hair(4) erect in posture(5) in keeping with the facts(6) characterized by honesty and fairness(7) no longer coiled(8) free from curves or angles(9) neatly arranged; not disorderly(10) not homosexual(11) accurately fitted; level(12) without evasion or compromise(13) (of an alcoholic drink(14) following a correct or logical method(15) rigidly conventional or old-fashioned
Adverb(1) without deviation(2) in a forthright manner; candidly or frankly(3) in a straight line; in a direct course
(1) I grabbed my bag and walked out of the bathroom, looking down, and ran straight into an assistant principal.(2) So the dots all lie along straight lines passing through the centre of the system of circles.(3) Why is it that when you stop paddling a kayak, it turns sharply instead of maintaining a straight course?(4) Just after my first pitstop my steering developed a problem which meant that whenever I was driving straight it was pulling to the left.(5) Her straight hair is tied in a ponytail and her eye shadow looks fresh.(6) Mark stood, shaking his long navy blue pant leg straight before walking forward and pulling out my chair.(7) The waitresses wear authentic Thai clothes and look elegant in their long straight skirts and blouses in silks of every hue of the rainbow.(8) With a little bit of focussed and straight thinking, it could be more suitable for what is essentially a children's band on this channel.(9) A flat arch, also known as jack or straight arch, extends straight across an opening with no curvature, creating a horizontal emphasis.(10) she came straight home(11) In the meantime, Gray was working hard to convince a straight person in her life that it was OK to attend.(12) I spend most of my life in the company of straight people.(13) He said that since the shutdown, bartenders cannot serve straight alcohol.(14) he worked 14 days straight(15) This time she didn't jerk away, just looked straight at him with steady tears streaming down her face.(16) His cherry-red bow tie was perfectly straight , his white shirt immaculately ironed.
(1) go straight :: ale tou dwat
(2) straight ahead :: dwat devan
(3) straight hair :: cheve dwat
(4) go straight on :: ale tou dwat
(5) go straight ahead :: ale tou dwat
(6) straight line :: dwat liy
(7) straight down :: tou dwat desann
(8) straight face :: figi dwat
(9) straight on :: tou dwat
1. unswerving ::
2. level ::
3. in order ::
yo nan lòd
4. honest ::
5. logical ::
6. successive ::
7. undiluted ::
8. respectable ::
9. neat ::
12. square ::
13. straightforward ::
14. consecutive ::
youn apre lòt
15. right ::
16. directly ::
17. right away ::
18. frankly ::
20. straightaway ::
21. heterosexual ::
1. bad ::
2. black ::
3. dishonest ::
4. evil ::
sa ki mal
5. evil-minded ::
sa ki mal-èspri
6. immoral ::
7. indecent ::
8. wicked ::
9. wrong ::
straight, straighten, straightened, straightening, straightens, straighter, straightest, straightly, straightness, straights
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
If you shaved your beard with a STRAIGHT
razor, you'd say the razor worked.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 8
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 7
Stand STRAIGHT. That's the fucking queen.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 7
...STRAIGHT to your phone while it's flying.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 22
You're not seeing STRAIGHT, Jesse.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 12
English to Haitian Dictionary: straight
Meaning and definitions of straight, translation in Haitian language for straight with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of straight in Haitian and in English
Tags for the entry "straight"
What straight means in Haitian, straight meaning
in Haitian, straight definition, examples and pronunciation
of straight in Haitian language.