Noun(1) the work of cleansing (usually with soap and water(2) garments or white goods that can be cleaned by laundering
Verb(1) clean with some chemical process(2) cleanse (one's body(3) cleanse with a cleaning agent, such as soap, and water(4) move by or as if by water(5) be capable of being washed(6) admit to testing or proof(7) separate dirt or gravel from (precious minerals(8) apply a thin coating of paint, metal, etc., to(9) remove by the application of water or other liquid and soap or some other cleaning agent(10) form by erosion(11) make moist(12) wash or flow against(13) to cleanse (itself or another animal
(1) Do not store up all your washing and take it home to your mum at the end of term.(2) I was no exception, and I gathered up the washing and made my way down to the laundry.(3) Up until the late eighteenth century, washing was usually restricted to the hands and the face.(4) Yet this is an invaluable tool in a household where the washing and drying of clothes is a daily task.(5) Face and hand washing was more common but knowledge of hygiene was non-existent.(6) I made notes and muttered the new words as I watered the garden and hung washing on the line.(7) Myra had learned to only hang out the washing if the wind was blowing from the direction of the common.(8) she took her washing around to the launderette(9) People would be picking bits off their washing on the line wondering what it was.(10) Daily gentle washing with soap, detergent, or alcohol is effective.(11) Therefore, hot-water washing of bed linens, towels, and recently worn clothing is all you have to do.(12) We doubt though that people will still be hanging out their washing across the back streets.(13) When he started to neatly fold his washing , the large and angry crowd was bristling.(14) Fabrics made with the coating withstand repeated washing with water and are therefore reusable.(15) I was the one who helped her clean her house, deal with bills and sort through her washing .(16) Now I go to get my washing in and spiders have built webs between the straps of my bras.
(1) wash :: lave
(2) washing machine :: machin pou lave
(3) washing powder :: lave poud
(4) washing-up :: lave
(5) do the washing-up :: fè lave-up la
(6) do the washing :: fè lave a
(7) washing away :: lave lwen
(8) washing soda :: lave soda
(9) washing line :: lave liy
(10) washing out :: lave soti
1. wash ::
2. lavation ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Needs WASHING down.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 2
the sluttiest collection of underwear...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 7
I'm WASHING dishes.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 9
WASHING her armpits
and smiling stupidly at the mirror,
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 12
-Boy, don't you see I'm WASHING the floor?
-I left my notes to study.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 4
English to Haitian Dictionary: washing
Meaning and definitions of washing, translation in Haitian language for washing with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of washing in Haitian and in English
Tags for the entry "washing"
What washing means in Haitian, washing meaning
in Haitian, washing definition, examples and pronunciation
of washing in Haitian language.