Noun(1) how something is done or how it happens(2) thing or person that acts to produce a particular effect or achieve an end(3) a line leading to a place or point(4) the condition of things generally(5) a course of conduct(6) any artifact consisting of a road or path affording passage from one place to another(7) a journey or passage(8) space for movement(9) the property of distance in general(10) doing as one pleases or chooses(11) a general category of things; used in the expression `in the way of'(12) a portion of something divided into shares
Adverb(1) to a great degree or by a great distance; very much (`right smart' is regional in the United States
(1) Her uncle weaves his way through the maze of chairs to reach her.(2) he was way ahead(3) the area's wine industry still has some way to go to full maturity(4) An uncomfortable thought wormed its way to the front of my brain.(5) my grandchildren are way ahead of others their age(6) Hey, you know Sellersville isn't all that far from Philly, for anyone who's down that way , and I will be there too.(7) So we get back in the car and start inching our way up the hill.(8) If he is moving along too fast or seems to like you way more than you like him, let him go.(9) he was showing off, as is the way with adolescent boys(10) we're going in the back way(11) I have changed in every way(12) it's his way of speaking(13) Excuse me, which way is it to the nearest town?(14) Does he really need to go all the way to the North of England to find this out?(15) We lay on her bed with our arms round each other and just talked and kissed till way past two.(16) The vessel under way is bound to keep clear of another at anchor.
(1) by the way :: nan chemen an,
(2) no way :: okenn fason
(3) on the way :: sou wout la
(4) the way :: chemen an
(5) this way :: fason sa a
(6) in this way :: nan fason sa
(7) either way :: nenpot fason
(8) way of life :: fason pou lavi
1. method ::
2. manner ::
3. practice ::
4. route ::
5. door ::
6. distance ::
7. time ::
8. direction ::
9. respect ::
10. state ::
11. path ::
12. room ::
conway, waite, way, ways
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
So I'm gonna fight my WAY back
and appeal the verdict.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 2
It's not easy
for girls like us to dig our WAY out.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 1
This WAY you may have some fun. Heavens!"
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 5
There's no possible WAY to answer that.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 5
- There's gotta be
Westworld Season 2, Episode 7
English to Haitian Dictionary: way
Meaning and definitions of way, translation in Haitian language for way with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of way in Haitian and in English
Tags for the entry "way"
What way means in Haitian, way meaning
in Haitian, way definition, examples and pronunciation
of way in Haitian language.