Noun(1) succeeding with great difficulty
Verb(1) be the winner in a contest or competition; be victorious(2) win something through one's efforts(3) obtain advantages, such as points, etc.(4) attain success or reach a desired goal(5) acquire or deserve by one's efforts or actions
Adjective(1) having won(2) very attractive; capturing interest
(1) You obviously know the rules so let's see if your lucky break becomes a winning streak.(2) Wilson hopes the Gunners will copy his winning ways and have another successful season.(3) Without a winning instinct how on earth is any competitor going to succeed in their chosen sport?(4) Part of the prize is a residency at the theatre, as well as the West-end production of the winning play.(5) He has since embarked on a winning streak courtesy of his grit, tenacity and persistent style.(6) The crowd cheered loudly as the host of the contest walked on stage with the name of the winning band in his hand.(7) The winning entries of a local photography competition will be displayed in the town library for a week.(8) With her winning smile and bright blue eyes, Kate Walsh was a young girl with everything going for her.(9) The Swede produces two successive winning returns to win the game and level the set.(10) Winners breed a winning mentality and their success can encourage others to take up the sport.(11) A national childcare competition has picked a Southend carer as its winning entrant.(12) The wicked mix of an acerbic tongue and a winning smile means holding grudges is nigh impossible.(13) At each of these events, they would like to share a little about the filmmakers behind the winning films.(14) Forty years on, our successors have no doubt that they are on history's winning side.(15) Council chiefs also hope they will give Bury a winning chance in a national floral competition.(16) Inter lacks a coach with a winning mentality, who knows how to develop attractive football.
(1) win :: genyen
(2) winning streak :: genyen tras
(3) winning team :: genyen ekip
(4) award-winning :: prim-genyen
(5) winning post :: genyen pòs
(6) winning a prize :: genyen yon pri
(7) winning ticket :: genyen tikè
(8) winning smile :: genyen souri
1. victorious ::
2. engaging ::
4. take ::
5. be the winner ::
dwe gayan an
6. secure ::
7. captivate ::
8. advance ::
9. acquire ::
10. come through ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Oh, there is
no WINNING with you.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 10
I'm sure the sellswords
prefer to fight for the WINNING side.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 8
And in her mind, she's WINNING.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 5
And I wasn't WINNING any elections back then.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 10
you'd be less bitter about him WINNING.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 9
English to Haitian Dictionary: winning
Meaning and definitions of winning, translation in Haitian language for winning with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of winning in Haitian and in English language.
Tags for the entry "winning"
What winning means in Haitian, winning meaning in Haitian, winning definition, examples and pronunciation of winning in Haitian language.