Noun(1) an injury to living tissue (especially an injury involving a cut or break in the skin(2) a casualty to military personnel resulting from combat(3) a figurative injury (to your feelings or pride(4) the act of inflicting a wound
Verb(1) to move or cause to move in a sinuous, spiral, or circular course(2) extend in curves and turns(3) arrange or or coil around(4) catch the scent of; get wind of(5) coil the spring of (some mechanical device(6) form into a wreath(7) raise or haul up with or as if with mechanical help(8) cause injuries or bodily harm to(9) hurt the feelings of
Adjective(1) put in a coil
(1) He thinks the swan was shot and we both wondered at the mindset of someone who could wound such a graceful animal.(2) I could see a wound to the right of her neck, which was bleeding quite heavily.(3) He also had two stitches put in a wound to his scalp after being taken by ambulance to the Royal Lancaster Infirmary.(4) If there is an object sticking out of the wound - a knife, or a shard of broken glass, for example - do not remove it.(5) He said that the gun went off again when Mrs Thompson, bleeding from a wound to her body, tried to grapple with the gun.(6) I have only just begun to deal with my feelings, and the wound is still raw.(7) He was taken to the Northern General Hospital, where he needed nine stitches to a wound to the back of his head.(8) a wound to the thigh(9) a knife wound(10) The real issue is whether the wound is skin deep or will take years to heal.(11) Your open and receptive attitude heals old wounds and rejuvenates relationships.(12) Top Bradford doctors have found an unusual alternative to cover wounds - frog skin.(13) A positive and creative approach towards family problems changes attitudes and heals old wounds .(14) Yuan told him that he and a group of men had seriously wounded another man in order to force him to repay a debt.(15) You try to rekindle old flames and remember the past and tend to open old emotional wounds .(16) I told him that a friend of mine had been badly wounded and was in urgent need of medical attention.
(1) wind :: van
(2) wound up :: likidasyon
(3) stab wound :: koud blesi
(4) open wound :: louvri blesi
(5) wound dressing :: blese abiye
(6) gunshot wound :: bal blesi
(7) bullet wound :: bal blesi
(8) puncture wound :: twou blesi
(9) deep wound :: gwo twou san fon blesi
(10) exit wound :: sòti blesi
1. injury ::
2. insult ::
4. lesion ::
5. injure ::
6. hurt ::
7. offend ::
unwound, wound, wounded, wounder, wounding, wounds
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
his WOUND must be washed
and sewn or it will fester.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 8
Because a gunshot
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 14
It must WOUND your pride, huh?
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 3
Boy, you're WOUND awfully tight
for a man who just had sexual intercourse.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 5
Cover his WOUND, fuck!
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 4
English to Haitian Dictionary: wound
Meaning and definitions of wound, translation in Haitian language for wound with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of wound in Haitian and in English language.
Tags for the entry "wound"
What wound means in Haitian, wound meaning in Haitian, wound definition, examples and pronunciation of wound in Haitian language.