Noun(1) either of a pair of complex endocrine glands situated near the kidney
Adjective(1) of or pertaining to the adrenal glands or their secretions(2) near the kidneys
(1) There remains only a limited source of female sex hormones after the menopause, by conversion of androgens secreted by the adrenal cortex.(2) Computed tomography of her abdomen showed normal adrenal glands.(3) Epinephrine is produced and released from the adrenal medulla in the kidney (ie, endogenous).(4) The pituitary gland is the ├ö├ç├┐master├ö├ç├û gland, controlling the adrenal cortex and the thyroid.(5) The kidney and adrenal gland were grossly unremarkable.(6) The adrenal glands are situated on the superior portion of each kidney.(7) Aldosterone, a steroid hormone produced in the outer layer of the adrenal cortex, promotes renal sodium retention and potassium loss.(8) Cortisone is one of several steroid hormones secreted by the cortex (outer covering) of the adrenal gland.(9) Other reported sites, in order of prevalence, include the bones, brain, kidneys, and adrenal glands.(10) One, a 20 year old female, had deposits in the brain, liver, lung, bone marrow, adrenal glands, and ovaries.(11) In nonpregnant women, the main sites of progesterone biosynthesis are the ovaries and the adrenal cortices.(12) Due to the proximity of and propensity for renal cell carcinoma to spread to the adrenal cortex, this possibility should be excluded.(13) Certain problems with your kidneys, adrenal glands or even a complicated pregnancy can cause high blood pressure.(14) The ultrasound was normal, but an undifferentiated mass in the region of the right adrenal gland was detected.(15) Incidental renal or adrenal masses are sometimes found during imaging for problems unrelated to the kidneys and adrenal glands.(16) A hormone secreted by the adrenal gland that raises blood pressure by constricting arteries and increasing heart rate.
(1) adrenal gland :: adrenal glann
(2) adrenal glands :: glann adrenal
(3) adrenal cortex :: adrenal cortical
(4) adrenal medulla :: bulb adrenal
1. adrenal gland ::
2. suprarenal gland ::
adrenal, adrenaline, adrenals
English to Haitian Dictionary: adrenal
Meaning and definitions of adrenal, translation in Haitian language for adrenal with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of adrenal in Haitian and in English language.
Tags for the entry "adrenal"
What adrenal means in Haitian, adrenal meaning in Haitian, adrenal definition, examples and pronunciation of adrenal in Haitian language.