Noun(1) an event that occurs at a critical time(2) a vaguely specified social event(3) reason(4) the time of a particular event(5) an opportunity to do something
Verb(1) give occasion to
(1) it's the first time that I've had occasion to complain(2) Our certainty, whether grounded in reason or miraculous signs, affords no occasion to trust.(3) to mark the occasion(4) They marked the occasion with a celebration with family and neighbours.(5) His swimming marathon last summer was on the occasion of his 40th birthday.(6) The controversy provided a rare occasion for agreement between the ruling right and opposition left.(7) Raf was a great playmate to have around and could be serious when the occasion arose.(8) The occasion afforded staff the opportunity of paying tribute to a long-standing member of staff.(9) Some cultures decorate to celebrate a festive occasion , others to mark membership in a group or tribe.(10) The greatest occasion for celebration in a Kurd's life is marriage.(11) Instead of passing the ball off every time, he took shots around the arch when the occasion arose.(12) The special occasion gave guests the opportunity to meet the director, singers and dancers of the world renown opera.(13) They gave me a crystal wine glass to celebrate the momentous occasion .(14) by-elections are traditionally an occasion for registering protest votes(15) Last week there were celebrations to mark the occasion with Mass being celebrated by the new Bishop of Galway.(16) In 1979 Jimmy Carter used the occasion of the tenth anniversary of the lunar landing to push his energy program.
(1) on occasion :: sou okazyon
(2) special occasion :: okazyon espesyal
(3) rise to the occasion :: monte nan okazyon an
(4) on this occasion :: sou okazyon sa a
(5) on the occasion of :: sou okazyon an nan
(6) on one occasion :: sou yon okazyon
(7) on the occasion :: sou okazyon an
(8) formal occasion :: fòmèl okazyon
(9) auspicious occasion :: favorab okazyon
(10) on another occasion :: sou yon lòt okazyon
1. time ::
2. social event ::
3. opportunity ::
4. reason ::
rezon ki fè
5. affair ::
6. juncture ::
7. cause ::
1. consequence ::
2. corollary ::
3. development ::
4. effect ::
5. fate ::
6. fruit ::
7. issue ::
8. outcome ::
9. outgrowth ::
10. product ::
11. result ::
12. sequel ::
13. sequence ::
14. upshot ::
occasion, occasioned, occasioning, occasions
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Oh, neat. What's the OCCASION?
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 13
- Yeah, what's the OCCASION?
- No OCCASION.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 19
What-- Oh. [chuckles]
What's the OCCASION?
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 18
I've been heroic on OCCASION.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 6
On this OCCASION, in his capacity as ruler,
he's asked me to speak on his behalf.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 2
English to Haitian Dictionary: occasion
Meaning and definitions of occasion, translation in Haitian language for occasion with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of occasion in Haitian and in English
Tags for the entry "occasion"
What occasion means in Haitian, occasion meaning
in Haitian, occasion definition, examples and pronunciation
of occasion in Haitian language.