Noun(1) a new appraisal or evaluation(2) an essay or article that gives a critical evaluation (as of a book or play(3) a subsequent examination of a patient for the purpose of monitoring earlier treatment(4) (accounting, less exhaustive than an audit(5) a variety show with topical sketches and songs and dancing and comedians(6) a periodical that publishes critical essays on current affairs or literature or art(7) a summary at the end that repeats the substance of a longer discussion(8) (law, especially by an appellate court(9) practice intended to polish performance or refresh the memory(10) a formal or official examination
Verb(1) look at again; examine again(2) appraise critically(3) hold a review (of troops(4) refresh one's memory(5) look back upon (a period of time, sequence of events
(1) In the meantime, let's review the past ten chapters for those of you with short-term memory loss.(2) However, government prosecutors can execute the sentence while the review is taking place.(3) The study has been submitted to the Astrophysical Journal for review and publication.(4) It was also recommended that a new Audit and Scrutiny Committee be formed as part of the current OIC review of their committee structure.(5) all areas of the company will come under review(6) The court is only authorized to review cases if it is presented with new facts or proof of innocence.(7) There is a brief review of the past year's best posts.(8) Old papers can also be rediscovered when they are cited in articles in review journals.(9) Last week, the Supreme Court decided to review the Adarand case yet again.(10) film review(11) Governor Pataki has filed an appeal, and an appellate court will review the CFE case in October.(12) a review of her sentence(13) The prison warden in this case will undoubtedly ask the Supreme Court to review this case.(14) In June 1994 the Commission also announced its intention to review Directive 90 220.(15) The visitor then began a review of recent developments.(16) She concedes that a review by a competent authority was required before the claimant could be considered for release.
(1) under review :: anba revizyon
(2) peer review :: revize kanmarad
(3) management review :: jesyon revizyon
(4) book review :: revizyon liv
(5) judicial review :: revizyon jidisyè
(6) brief review :: kout revizyon
(7) annual review :: revizyon anyèl
(8) design review :: konsepsyon revizyon
(9) review article :: revizyon atik
(10) critical review :: revizyon kritik
1. analysis ::
3. criticism ::
4. journal ::
5. survey ::
6. inspection ::
7. follow-up ::
8. recapitulation ::
9. brushup ::
10. critique ::
12. revue ::
13. survey ::
14. reconsider ::
15. remember ::
16. inspect ::
17. comment on ::
18. refresh ::
19. look back ::
20. critique ::
1. fixation ::
review, reviewed, reviewer, reviewers, reviewing, reviews
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Now to REVIEW, the following provisions
are hereby activated.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 10
All matters of consequence
will be brought to you for REVIEW.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 1
Although copyright law would allow me
to quote snippets in the context of a REVIEW.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 19
Peer REVIEW? It's People magazine.
People picked me.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 4
So if I may,
I would like to REVIEW options with you.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 13
English to Haitian Dictionary: review
Meaning and definitions of review, translation in Haitian language for review with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of review in Haitian and in English language.
Tags for the entry "review"
What review means in Haitian, review meaning in Haitian, review definition, examples and pronunciation of review in Haitian language.