Noun(1) a segment of the trunk of a tree when stripped of branches(2) the exponent required to produce a given number(3) a written record of messages sent or received(4) a written record of events on a voyage (of a ship or plane(5) measuring instrument that consists of a float that trails from a ship by a knotted line in order to measure the ship's speed through the water
Verb(1) enter into a log, as on ships and planes(2) cut lumber, as in woods and forests
(1) If I could secure a permit for him to log a different area, he would leave Betumonga alone.(2) A state-of-the-art system is used to log details of burglaries.(3) she tripped over a fallen log(4) When she complained to the council she was asked to log the incidents.(5) Deny said local residents had been persuaded by the owners of several timber companies to log areas within KEL, including the protected Mount Leuser National Park.(6) a roaring log fire(7) One method of keeping direction, the log and the line, is generally discounted when a ship is sailing by compass correctly; this is true of the Pequod.(8) I watch as John starts to log the vehicle's details on his computer, but am slightly puzzled when he leans over and closely inspects its wheels.(9) log x(10) Write it down on your calendar and keep a daily exercise log .(11) We only log the details of those incidents where there have been injuries.(12) The bailiffs who arrived with two lorries started to log details of town hall equipment, including computers and vehicles, and said they would remove them if the payment was not made.(13) The process is a form of combustion, similar to burning a log in a fireplace.(14) The girl threw a log on the fire, and poked the embers into flames.(15) He claimed she later handed him a copy of the police log of the incident.(16) When everything is discussed on a message board online, you don't need to log details of conversations or take minutes of meetings - all the information is right in front of you.
(1) log in :: ouvri sesyon an
(2) log off :: dekonekte
(3) log on :: ale sou
(4) log cabin :: ouvri sesyon kabin
(5) log file :: ouvri sesyon dosye
(6) system log :: sistèm boutèy demi lit
(7) log up :: ouvri sesyon moute
(8) sleep like a log :: dòmi tankou yon boutèy demi lit
(9) log sheet :: ouvri sesyon fèy
(10) log fire :: ouvri sesyon dife
1. branch ::
2. record ::
3. logarithm ::
4. register ::
5. attain ::
6. cut down trees ::
7. lumber ::
log, logan, loges, logs, logy
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
If you like, you can review my daily LOG
of social interactions...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 14
Wanna LOG on to Second Life
and go swimming?
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 3
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 8
He's right, roses die,
but a moist, rotting LOG...
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 23
' title='SHELDON [ON RECORDING]:
Sheldon\'s mine simulation log.
' style='width: 100%;padding-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px;border: 0;' loading='lazy'>
SHELDON [ON RECORDING]:
Sheldon's mine simulation LOG.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 6
English to Haitian Dictionary: log
Meaning and definitions of log, translation in Haitian
language for log with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of log in Haitian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'log'
What log means in Haitian, log meaning
in Haitian, log
definition, examples and pronunciation
of log in Haitian language.